Chapter 26

Colby POV

Today's the day! Elton and I are already on the way with a check for 17 thousand dollars. I couldn't wait to get Sam back.

We got there a little later then I would have liked due to traffic. That meaning I wouldn't be able to see him before we started.

We walked back into the same court room with the same judge and the same evil man. I looked around for Sam but he was no where to be found. The judge noticed this and informed me that Sam was waiting in that back.

"Now that we are all here, let's begin. Mr. Brock, do you have the money?" She asked. I beamed up at her.

"Yes ma'am!" I said excitedly. She signaled the police man to come get the check, which he did. Once the judge looked it over, I think she was making sure it was real, she nodded.

"Ok Mr.Brock, Samuel is officially yours. We will update your paperwork and have him out shortly." She smiled  as she hit the gavel. "Court dismissed."

Mr. Stewart huffed and walked out to his car and drove off. I smiled and hugged Elton, catching him off guard.

"Thank you." I said, hugging him tighter.

"Of course." He said chuckling.

We both sat out in the lobby awaiting Sam. It only took about five minutes before I saw a big brown wolf limping with a police man holding the leash. He had a muzzle on that made him look mean and vicious. My heart completely broke. He looked so drained of life, like a zombie.

The police guy handed my the leash gently to me with a sympathetic look. I looked at Elton worriedly.

"Hey Sammy." I said as gently as I could. He still flinched and began to shake. His tail curling up and hitting his stomach

"Baby it's ok." I whispered, "You're safe now." He was still shaking and staring intently at the floor. I pulled out his collar and put it in the ground so he could see it.

"Can I put this on you?" I asked. He nodded so I carefully unbuckled the tight black collar along with the muzzle. He whimpered as I pulled it off and I soon found out why. The collar had sharp spikes poking out of it so it would go into his neck whenever you pulled it.

A tear fell down my cheek as I put this collar on it's loosest setting. I threw out the other collar, muzzle and leash. Sam just stood there, it didn't even look like he was breathing. I took a good long look at him. He looked even skinnier then when I first got him.

"Elton will you go start the car?" I asked teary eyed, he nodded and walked off.

"Hey Sam, you ready to go home?" I asked, he nodded and limped forward.

"You want me to carry you?" I frowned when he shook his head. He followed right behind me as we made our way to the car.