Chapter 28

Trigger warning ⚠️ self harm, nothing too Graphic though

Colby's POV

I walked to the room where the roommates were. Kat was crying on Devyns shoulder. Devyn was rubbing her back, trying to calm her down.

"Hey." I said softly. Kat's head shot up.

"Is he ok!?" She asked in a panic, starting to get off the couch.

"Yeah, he's fine. Sleeping right now." I answered. She finally relaxed, relieved. I walked over and sat next to Kat and Elton.

"He has a few deep cuts, but none look infected. I checked." I spoke numbly, looking straight ahead, "his wrists are rubbed raw, along with his ankles and his neck."

"Is that all? Or is there something your not telling us?" Elton asked.

"He fucking branded him." I said as I death stared the wall. The room went silent.

I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. I let them all fall as Elton tried to help.

"Fuck all this shit!" I yelled, "He's such a sweet guy and doesn't deserve any of this crap. I don't even know what stupid thoughts he put in his head. I mean he already believes he's worth nothing! Why would you want to break him more!?" Elton started to shush me. I knew I should be screaming because Sam was trying to sleep but I wouldn't hold it in anymore

"Did you see how fucking scared he was of me? He wouldn't even let me touch him!" I yelled as I finished my rant.

"Colby, I know this sucks. You just need to show him that none of us will hurt him. Let him know he can trust you. Don't force him to do things." Elton spoke, before turning to the roommates.

"As for the rust of us, we just need to let Sam come to us. Sound good?" Everyone nodded. "Good now lets watch some funny cat videos to get us all out of this mood." He quickly grabbed the remote, leaving no room for argument.

~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly checked the time. It was already 5:37. Sam had slept for almost 7 hours. He must have been exhausted poor guy.

"Wanna order a pizza?" Corey asked already holding his phone. Everyone nodded before Corey called and ordered 2 cheese pizzas.

Just before he was about to hang up, Sam sleepily walked into the room. He rubbed his eyes before noticing everyone's stare. He shrunk a little as he focused on the floor.

"Hey Sam." I said, eyeing the roommates, causing them to start an awkward conversation. "Wanna come sit over here?"

He pinned his ears before nodding slowly and limping over to me. I noticed he was about to sit on the floor so I stopped him. I reached out and touched his hand, stopping him from moving.

"You can sit on the couch, baby." I whispered to him. He nodded And carefully sat on the edge of the couch. I frowned.

"You can relax Sammy, you're ok now." I tried to comfort him but he still sat there completely still.

I sighed as I sat back. Elton put back on the videos. We had moved from watching cat videos to our cringe ass vines.

We all watched and teased each other until we heard the doorbell. I saw Sam tense out of the corner of my eye. He started to shake as Corey got up to go get it.

I shifted my gaze down, noticing something I really didn't like. Sam was digging his nails into his arm. So much so that he started bleeding.

I reached out and put my hand on his. He jumped, immediately pulling down his sleeve.

"Let me see." I said quietly, almost at a whisper. He shook his head, holding his arm to his chest. Tears began to roll down his cheeks.

"No, Sammy, don't cry." I tried to calm him down. That didn't work. More tears flowed from his eyes.

"Ok, you don't have to show me, but can you tell me why." He glanced up at me. Fear was plastered on his face.

"He's self punishing." Kat whispered. She must have caught on to what I was doing by now. We both looked at each other, equally confused and sad.

"Sammy, don't hurt yourself. You don't have to do that here." I reassured. He nodded, not seeming totally convinced. But, before I could say anything, Corey walked back into the room with the pizzas.

"Who's hungry?" He asked as he sat the boxes down. Everyone grabbed a slice except for Sam and me. The guys all looked at me expectingly.

"What?" I asked. They all literally just stared at me. 'Oh' I mouthed looking over at the still terrified Sam.

"You want to eat some pizza?" I asked. He quickly shook his head and looked at the floor. I knew he had to be starving. Just one look at how skinny he was and you could tell.

"Just a little?" I begged. He pinned his ears closer to his head. I could tell he was thinking about it. Like he was having a war inside his own mind.

Finally, he nodded. It was very small and easy to miss but I saw it. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as I reached over to grab a piece. I found the smallest piece, picked it up and gave it to Sam.

He looked at it very hesitantly before taking a small nibble. I smiled to myself before grabbing a piece of pizza and taking a large bite.