Chapter 37

Colby's POV

It had been a while sense Corey and Devyn left. Sam had passed out a while ago while we waited for the doctor to come. Although I had to say that, if the doctor decided not to swing by, I wouldn't really mind. Sam looked adorable all swaddled up in blankets, his little head resting on my chest. However, my wish was crushed when I felt heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I replied as quietly as I could but still loud enough for the person to hear. I then heard the door creak open along with the tap of high heels. The doctor from earlier appeared in front of me. I smiled and waved, she returned the jester.

"I'm glad he got to sleep, poor thing." She sympathized as she took a seat across the room. I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"So do you mind giving me some background information. Anything I need to know I particular?" She asked, keeping her voice low as to not wake Sam.

"Yeah," I responded quietly, "I got him at an auction, it was mainly one of my roommates, Elton's, idea. He was sick of seeing them in such bad conditions so he insisted on rescuing one." She smiled as I continue.

"The place was pretty bad. Blood stains pretty much everywhere. When Sam came out, this guy next to me, who was like 40, wanted him. I was not gunna let that happen so I bidded and won." I frowned thinking about what that guy probably would have one.

"Then you took him home?" She asked, noticing my discomfort. I nodded and she wrote something down.

"I just remember how scared he was of everything. All the scars on his little body, it was just awful. I mean he was scared to look at us, talk to us, even to sit on the god damn couch." I covered my mouth, noticing I was starting to yell.

"It's so sad that he was treated in such a way that made him act like that." She shook her head, writing a few more things down. I nodded in agreement.

"And then I posted a video about him and my friend,Kat, her dad saw. He had Sam before I did and Kat had helped Sam get away. So he wanted him back and that's how he was taken from me." She nodded along as I told her about the court process and how Sam was when I got him back. She wrote things down, taking time to ask me to elaborate on a few things.

"Now are you guys mates?" She asked out of the blue. I paused for a second, purely out of shock. "I'm sorry that was random, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

"No it's ok." I cut her off, "yeah we are." She nodded as she wrote more things down, smiling to herself.

"I'm glad." She finally said, "You guys are cute together." I blushed at her words, pulling Sam a little closer to me. "Now would you mind waking him up so I could talk to him?" She asked kindly. I nodded as I began to gently shake him awake.

"Hey baby, you gotta wake up, the doctors here." I whispered in his ear. He whined and curled up more, gripping my shirt. I laughed softly, continuing to shake him gently.

Soon he was awake enough to realize that their was another person in the room. He jumped and started shaking, gripping onto my shirt and burying his head into my chest.

"Oh Sammy." I mumbled into his hair, trying to soothe him by holding him back. "It's just the doctor, baby. She won't hurt you, but you have to talk to her so you can get better ok?" He nodded into my chest and looked at her, clearly still scared.

"Hi Sam, I'm Dr. Evan, I'm gunna be your doctor while you're here ok?" She said quietly as she smiled at him whole heartedly. He glanced up at her for a moment before lowering his gaze, his shaking subsiding a little.

"O-Ok." He said extremely quietly. She only smiled wider.

"Colby would you mind leaving for just a moment?" I looked at her for questioningly but all she did was give me that 'it will be ok' face. As I started to get up to leave, Sam broke down.

"Pl-please don't l-leave me. Pl-please stay." He was starting to panic, tears ready to fall. "S-Sir, pl-please." I winced when he called me that. I looked at the doctor, unsure of what to do. She looked at Sam then at me in pure shock.

"Ok Sam, it's ok, he can stay ok. No need to panic." She said sweetly, although he didn't relax until I was sitting next to him. As soon as I did he latched onto my shirt tightly. I rubbed his back soothingly as he tried not to break down.

"Are you ok sweetheart?" She asked after a few minutes. He nodded, gripping onto me tighter. She wrote something down quickly before continuing.

"Can you tell me why you didn't want him to leave sweetie?" She said softly, trying not to upset him more then he already was.

"I-I w-was scared h-he w-wouldn't c-come back." He explained, sniffling a little. My heart broke.

"Baby, I would never leave you." I said, unable to hold back anymore. I couldn't just let him believe that I would leave him.

"See Sam, you don't have to worry. He won't leave you." He nodded, although I could tell he didn't 100% believe her. "Let change the subject, we can talk a little more about this later if you want ok?" Sam nodded again.

"Can you tell me a little about your nightmare you had last night?" She asked. He froze. This wasn't gunna end well.