Chapter 58

Hey...

How y'all doin..?

Pls don't kill me

Colby's POV

It was so adorable to watch Sam play around with Jake. It was like watching him discover a new world. They would role around in the sand and jump over the waves. Sam even tried to drink the water only to find out how salty it was. The look on his face was priceless.

"So, what drove you to get him?" I asked while continuing to watch them play.

"You." Brennen responded, " After seeing Sam, I went home and did some research. Then went to an auction. The rest, I think you can figure that out." I nodded.

"What rank is he?"

"Beta, he's 17." I looked at Brennen in shock.

"17!?" I yelled, he nodded. "Holy shit."

"Yeah but, he wasn't there as long, only 3 years, so it didn't take him long to snap back to his old self." Brennen smiled, still concentrating on both wolves playing with each other.

~time skip to dinner, and yes I went back a little, just so u could get more info on Jake~

"Hi, I made a reservation-" Elton started.

"Ah yes, Mr. Castee, we have your table ready." The lady smiled and lead us to a secluded table in the back. "Someone will be right with you." She said before walking away.

Sam cautiously peeked out from behind me, making us all smile a bit. I rapped my arm around him, causing him to lean into me.

We ended up sitting by Brennen and Jake, which made Sam pretty happy. He and Jake caught up with each other, making them both smile.

"Hi! My name is James and I'll be serving you tonight. Can I get you started off with any drinks?" The guy asked politely. We all ended up just getting water. Once he left, we all picked up a conversation.

~time skip bcuz I'm running out of ideas lmfao~

Dinner had gone by fairly quickly. Sam and I had shared a steak, which he loved. I mean his eyes lit up when he took a bite.

"Fancy seeing you here." I heard a familiar voice say. I saw Sam shrink away before looking. Mr. Stuart.

"Nope." Elton said harshly. "Get out, no one here wants to see you." Mr. Stuart just smiled.

"I'm afraid this is a public place." He stated mater-of-factly, "and you don't have the power to kick me out Mr. Castee." I heard a growl from behind me. Turning, I saw Jake standing with his ears back and his tail straight out.

"Control your beast Mr. Taylor." Mr. Stuart said, not phased at all by Jakes outburst. But that only made Jake angrier. He let out a gut wrenching snarl, making heads turn.

"J-Jake, pl-please stop." I heard Sam whimper, his voice quivering. He was scared.  Jakes snarls and growls stopped and turned into whimpers.

"Ah yes, Samuel," he started. Sam looked at him, paralyzed with fear. "Have you been behaving the way I taught you." I got up and slammed my fist on the table.

"Get out! He doesn't belong to you anymore! Why do you feel the need to torture him anymore then you already have!?" I yelled. The whole place went silent and Mr. Stuart stared at me in shock.

"Now leave." I said venomously. He simply cleared his throat, straightened his tie, and walked out. I sat back down and ran my hands through my hair, taking some deep breaths to calm down.

By the time I was calm, people had picked up their conversations again. I looked over at Sam to see him hiding behind Jake, shaking like a leaf.

"Sam?" I asked, reaching out. As soon as I touched him, he flinched back.

"N-No." He whimpered quietly. I realized what I had done. I yelled. I yelled when I knew he hated it. Now he was scared of me.

"Sam, it's ok, he's gone, you're safe." I tried to soothe. "I'm so sorry I yelled, but it wasn't at you, I promise. I just needed him to leave." I grabbed his hand gently and ran my thumb across it.

Recognition crossed his face when he looked at me. Almost immediately, his head was buried in my chest. I ran my hand through his hair as I tried to help him calm down.

Jake had been watching me like a hawk the whole time, making sure I didn't hurt Sam. I admired how much he cared for Sam. I knew that if something ever happened, he would be safe with him.

"You guys wanna get going?" Corey asked, sensing that the tension had gone down. I shook my head no, looking at Sam who was still breathing very hard. Corey nodded and they started up a conversation, trying to get the attention off us.

"You ok now baby?" I whispered as I continued to pet his head. He nodded slowly, holding onto my tighter as if scared I was going to leave him.

"He can't get you Sammy, and I'm not going anywhere." I said confidently. He nodded again, loosing his hold a little.

"Ok, let's get out of here." Elton said after a few minutes. I nodded, standing with Sam still snuggled into my side. I held him tightly as we walked out of the restaurant.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow, let us know if you need anything." Brennen said once we were outside. Jake nodded in agreement.

"We will." I smiled. Both of them turned around and headed to their car. We walked to ours, and began the drive home.

IM SORRY IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN SO DEAD HOLY POOP. School has been kinda crazy, I have a job now so that's cool. But I promise I will update more. I swear I will get this done. Even if I die while trying. Thanks for being patient with me tho :))))))