Chapter 30

Colby's POV

It was now about 11:30 at night and the roommates and I decided that we should probably go to sleep. I started to clean up the mess that we had made, frowning when I noticed Sam had eaten barley any of his food.

As soon as we were finished, I led Sam upstairs to my bedroom. I closed the door a little to make sure that Sam wasn't uncomfortable but we still had privacy.

I walked over to my bed and sat down, patting next to me for Sam to do the same. He did, with caution of course. It was quiet for a few moments before I spoke up.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" I asked. Sam just looked down while he pinned his ears.

"You have to talk to me." I continued, lifting his chin up so I could see his face. His eyes were still trained on the floor as he started to shake a little.

"Look at me." I demanded, still trying to keep a somewhat sweet tone. His eyes snapped up although I could tell he was uncomfortable.

"Please talk to me." I begged. He began to shake more as tears fell from his eyes. I let go of his chin, his head immediately going back down.

"Hey hey, calm down." I tried to comfort, "look, I don't know what this man put in your head but it wasn't true. Sammy you mean so much to me and I was heart broken when he took you. It infuriates me that anyone would hurt you and it terrifies me to think of what untrue things he told you."

"I'm s-sorry." A small, broken, raspy sounding voice said. "I t-tried to do e-everything right. T-to m-make you happy. B-but I don't k-know how. I k-know I-I'm ugly a-and fat and w-worthless. I-I just w-want t-to feel l-loved."

As if realizing he said that out loud he sprang up from the bed. "W-wait n-no I'm s-sorry! P-please don't s-send me back." My heart broke as I watched tears fall from his eyes.

I stood up, slowly walking toward him. Well trying to. Every time I took a step forward, he took one backward. It wasn't long before he backed himself into a corner and curled up on the floor, protecting his face with his arms.

"Sam, I'm not gunna send you back, ever. I will say that as many times as you need it." I said as I carefully sat down next to him. "And Sammy you are not fat. You are perfect. I want you to know that everything he said wasn't true. He was lying. I love you ok? I love you so god damn much it hurts. And to see you so sad, so broken, it hurts me more then you can believe." I finished, wiping tears from my eyes.

Sam had slowly began to sit up. I looked over at him. God I just wanted to hug him and tell him that everything is gunna be ok. But I knew I couldn't do that. I had to regain his trust first.

I spoke again, "Sammy I don't want you to hurt yourself. You don't need too. And I hope you know I will do everything in my power to help you realize that."

Finally he looked up. It was the first time he had done it willingly. I smiled down at him, moving my hand to wipe the tears from his cheeks. Surprisingly, he let me. I smiled wider, hopping this ment progress.

"What did he tell you baby?" I asked. I needed to know this so I could help prove it wasn't true. He looked back down before speaking.

"H-he said you w-were happy th-that I was gone. Th-that you hated w-when I s-spoke a-and when I looked a-at you. H-he said I-I was f-fat.-" He was full on sobbing now.

"Sammy that wasn't true." I said soothingly. "Can I give you a hug?" I asked hesitantly. He seemed to think about it for a few seconds before slowly nodding his head.

I moved slowly, as not to startle him, and picked him up. He looked at me fearfully as I set him in my lap. I pulled him closer, burying my head in his hair. We stayed like this for quite a while until Sam calmed down.

"Feel better?" I asked, he nodded as he leaned into me more. "Good." We stayed in that position for a little longer, until I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

I looked down to see Sam fast asleep. I was glad that he trusted me enough to fall asleep.

I picked him up, careful not to wake him, and set him in the bed. He curled into himself as I got in the bed. I pulled the covers over us as I held Sam close.

"Good night baby boy." I whispered into his hair.

"G-Good night C-Colby." He said sleepily, dozing off again. I smiled as I let sleep overcome me.