Twenty-One.♥

Joe.

I was kind of mad at Nick, he did a childish move. I was stuck in a car with my ex wife and her friend, they were jamming to some Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran, which I didn’t mind,but they were singing it,which I did mind.

We finally got to the hospital, “Are you sure your mom will be okay meeting us?” Blanda got out, “Yeah..” we headed inside and walked into the waiting room, “Mom..” my mom turned her head and got up, “Hey Joe,where’s your-” she noticed Ashley and Blanda, “Well this brings me flashbacks..”

“Hey Mrs.Jonas.” Ashley hugged her, “How are you?”

“I can’t say I’ve been good..” Ashley nodded, “We bumped into Joe at the store and he told us that Paul is in the hospital..I wanted to give him my prayers.” Ashley hugged her again, “Thank you,Ashley.”

“This is my friend, Blanda Eggenschwiler.” Ashley introduced “Hello, I’m Denise Jonas,Joe’s mom.” Blanda and my mom started talking, until Nick walked in, sat down,minding my own business.

The doctor came out, “How is he?!” my mom turned to the doctor, “He’s going to be alright..we have him in the ICU for the night...we got him on meds to restore his blood flow to his heart.”

“Okay,thanks. Can we see him doctor?” we were all relieved that he was okay. “I would prefer you guys come back tomorrow..Mr.Jonas is very exhausted.” my mom nodded her head softly, “Hey Joe, wanna come over and help us cook Grape Schiacciata?” Blanda grinned.

“Um..sure..” I got up, “I’ll see you guys at home.” I walked out with Ashley and Blanda to their car.

We started cooking the Grape Schiacciata, “How do you even pronounce this?” I sipped my red wine, “Grape. Sch-ia-cc-ia-ta.” Blanda giggled, I tried saying it, but failed,making the girls laugh, I looked over and saw a ring on Ashley’s finger. I felt a bit of jealousy in me and I don’t know why.

“So,who’s the lucky guy?” I looked at Ashley, “Huh?”

I glanced at her finger, “Oh,his name is Paul Khoury. We’ve been dating for about a year and a half now..He proposed to me about two months ago.” she grinned, she had that grin on her face when she use to talk about me.

“I’m need to use the little girl’s room, be right back.” Blanda walked out for a closet bathroom in Ashley’s house, “Well,congratulations.” I took a bite of the cooked grape schiacciata.  

“He made me check and see if I was capable of having kids,or he wouldn’t have proposed.”

“Wow,what a dick.” I sipped my wine, “You did the same thing.” I groaned, “And here it comes..”

“You know it’s true!” she took another bite of the food, “I didn’t have affair on you because you couldn’t have kids.” I glared, “I gave you options,you know that. I suggested adoption or a surrogate, but you turned them down because you wanted to have the child. Paul and I are different.” I rolled my eyes.

“They said my eggs are fine...You know maybe it was yours..I always told you to get yourself checked.” I rubbed my face, “Oh my god.”

“I think my sperms are fine,for your information. I do have a son now,you know.” I was getting frustrated. “It took you awhile.”

I scoffed, “She miscarried the first time because of you and the second time is none of your business.” I headed to the door, “Joe,where you going?”

“I’m going home. I knew it wasn’t a good idea to come here in the first place. Nice to meet you,Blanda. and tell Paul he deserves an award if he puts up with you.” I walked out and called for a taxi.

I gave him the address and he drove there.

I paid him and headed inside the house, “Hey Joe.” my mom greeted, “Have fun at Ashley’s?” Nick snickered, “Oh fuck you.” I glared, “Joseph,watch your mouth!”

“You freakin’ backstabbed me. My own brother,my own best friend backstabbed me! How fucking could you? All I done for you?” he looked at me blankly, “Joseph Adam Jonas, don’t yell at your brother! What did he do?”

“He made me be with my ex wife and her friend because I was ‘flirting’. “ I glared at Nick, “Because of you I had to hear Ashley bitch about my life and everything.”

“I don’t see him doing that. Nick did you do that?” Nick say anything, “Joe,you need to cool off. Go to your room.”

“I need to facetime my wife anyways.” I glared at Nick, “I’ll be sure to do the same thing to you if you ever ran into Delta or Rita. What a good friend you are.” I headed up to my room. I slammed the door close and changed into sweatpants and a shirt.

I laid on my bed and got out my macbook and called Demi.  

“Hey baby!” she smiled to the camera, she was getting ready for bed as well, “Show me your tits!” I smirked, “Your son is in the room.” she laughed, “You could have told me when you said ‘hey baby’ so I didn’t have to act like a perverted old man.”

“Sorry,I didn’t know you would do that.” she grinned, I stared, “God,you’re so beautiful. I miss you!”

“I miss you too,baby...You okay? You’re like..really kinky right now.” she giggled, “Well,I bumped into Ashley today and Nick thought I was flirting with her friend and I can 100% say I didn’t,so he suggested I should get in their car to the hospital,since Ashley wanted to see Denise..then they suggested to go to their house to help them cook this..grape thing and once her friend left for the bathroom...Ashley became the bitchy Ashley and kept bitching at me how maybe it was my fault that she couldn’t get pregnant. It was just a bunch of shit.”

“But we had Nash?”

“I told her that,but she was like, ‘It took her a while.’” I tried my best imitation of Ashley,making Demi laugh, “Well screw her. She’s just jealous that I have a Jonas baby and she doesn’t.” I grinned, “I love you so much,I want you to remember that.”

She blew me a kiss, “I love you more,baby. Nash come say hi to daddy.” Demi helped Nash onto bed, “Hey daddy! I miss you! You gone since Saturday!”

I sighed, “I know,it’s been forever! I’m having Post Nashville Depression. PND.” I started twitching,making both of them laugh, “Be back soon,pwease.” he pouted, making my heart ache, “Of course,Nash.” I winked.

“How’s Paul?”

“He’s going to be okay..” I nodded, “That’s good!” she laid down on the bed, “Yeah, I think so.” I smiled, “What you doing tomorrow?”

“I’m kind of hoping Danielle would go into labor so I can go to LA with Selena…” I chuckled, “I know that sounds awful,but I want to see Liam and Miley...I miss them.”

“Maybe we should buy another house there..we’ll be there for a lot soon.” I smirked, “Do we--”

“Yeah,we have enough money,don’t think about that.”  I nodded my head, “Okay..I think it’s a good idea..I’m really tired,so I’m going to bed...I’ll see you later. I love and miss you lots. Bye.” she blew me a kiss and I pretended to catch it. “Ooh,it was a wet one.” I smirked.

She laughed, “Bye Joe.” she ended the call.

I fell asleep right after we facetimed.

Around 3 in the morning, Kevin came into my room and woke me up, “Dani is in labor!!!” he jumped up and down, Get up!”

I groaned, “Dude, I don’t need to get up, it’s not my wife who is having the baby. Let me go back to bed.” I put a pillow over my face,hearing Demi’s laugh from Kevin’s phone.