Twenty-Six♥

Demi.

There he was. He came over to say hello. I forgot he lived in LA. I also forgot he even got out of jail. I was shocked. I didn't know what to do. He was in the same restaurant as us.

"Hey Nathan.." I glanced over at Joe and I knew he was worried by the look on his face.

He looked good. I mean he seemed like he was healthy and happy. "I see you two are still together." he pulled up a seat and sat at our table. I felt Joe put his hand on my leg and gave it a little squeeze.

"Yeah,we are." Joe gave him a look.

"Well,that's a good thing. How have you guys been? Didn't you guys have a son?" he ran his hand through his long hair. "We've been good. We have a lot of things going on. We're releasing our album soon and going on tour." Joe still didn't like him.

"And our son is with Selena." I played with my napkin.

"That's good to hear." he gave me a nod then looked over at Joe, "I know you don't like me...I have done terrible things but that was like 3-2 years ago. I went to jail, got help,and now I'm better. That night I asked you for money, it helped me. It wasn't for drugs or anything and I know it wasn't much,but it got me back on my feet, Joe. My life is different now. I'm on medicine. I'm married to a beautiful girl and we have a beautiful daughter named, Charlotte."

I looked over at Joe. For some reason I was upset. I don't know why. Was I upset that he got better has a family that wasn't mine? I have a family, I love my family. Why do I feel jealous over Nathan's wife? He didn't love me. He abused me. Joe loves me and he'll never hurt me. He loves me unconditionally.

"Congrats,Nathan. Glad for you." I gave him a smile. I felt unsettled. "Well, I should get back to my table..nice talking to you guys." he got out and I watched him go to his table. He bent over to kiss his wife. She was cute. Her blonde hair was shining in the light and it was to her shoulders.

"Babe?" Joe sipped his drink, I looked back down at my lap.

"Sorry.." luckily the waiter came and asked what we wanted to eat. I let Joe order first,then I did. When the waiter left, I knew this conversation was far from over-I wish it was.

"Demi,I want you to tell me how you're feeling." he wiped his mouth with his napkin. I felt guilty. "I'm fine,baby."

"Demi,I know when you're upset. I'm your husband, you can tell me anything." he gave me a wink.  

I took a deep breath. He was right, I could tell him anything. I've been real with him since he saw me cut myself and I told him about Nathan from the start.

"Demi?""I have an abusive father,Joe...he heard me singing..and he broke my keyboard..and....I'm not perfect like your wife,Joe." I sniffled."Demi,I never said you have to be perfect..hell,Ashley isn't perfect either. You really think I don't want to be your friend because of your past?" Joe looked me in the eyes.

"Nathan being married and having a happy life makes me...jealous...I don't know why, it just...maybe I just wished it was me,because he treated me like dirt and now seeing him happy..makes me feel upset.."