Sixty-five♥

A few days later;

Joe;

It's been a few days without Demi. I was heartbroken and I do agree with her. I wasn't acting right. It was unfair but I was just stressed.

I was going to visit Ashley today at the NICU to discuss a plan because I love my family and wife more than anything and she can't take that away.

"Why don't you discuss a plan on the phone? Why do you have to see her to talk? Why don't you go after your wife?" Nick asked a lot of questions. Demi's birthday was tomorrow.

"Because it's more respectful. It'll get my point across. Calm down about my wife. I got a plan for her tomorrow. Just watch Nash. I'll be back." I grabbed my keys and drove to the hospital. 

Being 28 just sucks. My life just sucks in general. I really hate myself for stooping this low. For hurting Demi like this after I promised her that I wouldn't hurt her like Nathan but here I am, not hurting her physically but hurting her emotionally.  I kept on thinking about this mess while I was driving to the hospital.

I got to the hospital and headed to the NICU. I could probably walk in with my eyes closed. I got closer to Emily's room and that's when I heard Ashley talking to someone.

"Just calm down! I'll get us the money, Paul. Just let him be here for Emily then I'll slap him with child support papers." she giggled.

"What the fuck?" I whispered. I stood in the doorway, watching her talk on the phone.

"I got this!" Ashley groaned, "he's getting emotionally attached to Emily. It's actually pretty hilarious! On the plus side, he's spending more time here than his wife and his new baby." she giggled.

I knew it was about me.

She turned around and saw me, she was in shocked, "bye..." she hung up.

"How much did you hear?" she grinned.

"Who were you talking to?" I pointed at her phone.

"No one." She shrugged.

"Ashley," I glared at her.  She didn't answer.

"Who were you talking to, Ashley? What is your plan, Ashley?" I walked into the room.

"Let's just worry about Emily right now..." she looked at her baby.

"Emily is asleep, Ashley. Ashley Michele Greene, what the hell is going on?" I got closer to her.

There was silence, "this is supposed to happen! You're not supposed to be happy! YOU CHEATED ON ME!" she pointed to herself.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, ASHLEY?!" I raised my voice back at her.

"You were supposed to be miserable! Demi was supposed to leave you once you cheated on me... This isn't fair! I'm supposed to be the happy one!! ME!! NOT YOU! You're not supposed to have two kids and a wife that loves you!!"

"Don't you fucking tell me you did what I think you did..." I closed my eyes, praying she wouldn't say the thing. 

"I...I..." she sat in the chair, "I made you get drunk then I took advantage of you..."

"Ashley, what the fuc---" she interrupted me.

"Then I slept with Paul, trying to get pregnant....and I did," she sniffled.

"Don't even tell me..." I glanced at Emily.

"So it worked... I got pregnant and was able to keep the baby....after the first trimester...Paul and I came up with a plan..."