Twenty-Five.♥

Joe

I got up in the middle of the night. I went to the kitchen and got myself some water. It so happened that I looked out the window and saw Selena sitting on the back steps,smoking on a cigarette. I took a quick sip of my water and went outside and sat beside her.

"Is there a reason you're out here by yourself at 3:16 am?" I gave her a smile. She dropped her cigarette. "Just thinking about my life.."

"Why you thinking about your life? I might not be your friend,but you're my wife's best friend,so I'm here..even if you don't want me to tell her, my lips are sealed."

She let out a soft giggle. She just looked down at her lap. I put my hand on her back.

"Selena Gomez,you have billion fans who love you. You have a family who would do anything for you. Friends who would be here when you need them. You have a fiance' who loves you and he wants to spend his life with you. Your life looks pretty amazing right now."

"I went to the doctor..like a few weeks ago...to see if I was fertile." she laid her head on my shoulder. "Oh no.." I mumbled.

"Nope. Not even a little bit. They said the only chance of getting pregnant and keeping it would be slim.." her voice cracked. I sighed. "What did Logan say?" I glanced over at her & she didn't say anything.

"You haven't told him?!" she shook her head.

"I'm afraid that he won't marry me if I can't bear his children." she laid her head on my shoulder. "He is really loves you,he would marry you because he loves you, not because you can have his babies. Demi had a problem before we had Nash..doctors told her she only has a slim chance of getting pregnant, but besides that, my love for her didn't die."

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, I was upset that we might not get to have babies,but you see pass problems when you're in love. There are other ways to get children. A leader in UNICEF should know a lot about adoption." I gave her a wink.

"You're the best,Joe. You and your brothers don't get enough credit. You guys are a real gentlemen. Demi is lucky to have you. I should have dated you." she joked,making me laugh. "If we did that, I wouldn't have met Demi and I wouldn't be a father to an awesome 2 year old."

"See I want that..I want to be a mother." Selena put her head behind her legs.

"You'll have your chance. I know it." I looked over at the pool waves, "Besides..you'll be married and I want you to be with just your husband for a year or a few months. I wish I got to spend time with just Demi,but I guess I got it before we had Nash, but I don't regret anything."

"She loves you,Joe." Selena had a tiny grin on her face, "You are the best thing that happened to her."

I felt my cheeks get hot,so I knew I was blushing. "I love her, I would do anything to make you smile. I just want her happy and that's why I'm worried about the publicity of our album.."

Selena turned her head to me, "What do you mean?"

"She's worried that people won't like our album. I tried telling her that everyone won't be fond over our album, but our fans will..I'm just worried...she'll-"

"Be down on herself and not be good enough?" I nodded my head,sighing. Selena knew what it was like. "Yeah, then there is the critics telling her she can't sing and she's not skinny enough...I don't want her to do anything bad.."

"You can't control anything with that. You can help her. Tell her how beautiful is. She's strong. I know she won't listen to them when she has someone like you to tell her how worthy of life she is."