* chapter eighty *

Claudette sat at the dinning room table with Jin, Yoongi, and Hoseok, all of them eating the croissants Claudette made for them all.

"These are really good Claud." Jin complimented, spreading jam. "French eat a lot of bread right?"

"Yes we do." Claudette nodded, ripping off a piece of her croissant. "Bread is really good anyways and the French make the best bread."

"We might have to hide these from Jungkook." Hoseok chuckled, taking another. "He will devour them and get sick from eating so much bread."

"Oh boy." Claudette chuckled, dipping her croissant in her coffee. Everyone stared at her. "What?" She took a bite of her croissant.

"Did you just dip it in coffee?" Yoongi asked, sat beside her.

"Yes?"

"I've never seen anyone do that before." Jin smiled, a bit confused but dipped it in the coffee anyways. "Oh wow," His eyes lit up. "This is really good."

"Everyone in Paris does it." Claudette giggled, everyone dipping their croissants in their coffee. "You guys like it?"

"Mhm." Hoseok nodded, a little bit of coffee on the corner of his mouth, slowly falling down. Yoongi handed him a napkin, Hoseok wiping it away. "But it's very good even without toppings. Like, it's so buttery and I haven't even put butter on it!"

"Most people back in Paris don't really put jam or butter on their croissants because the recipe has so much butter in it as it is, so any other toppings aren't really necessary." Claudette noticed Jin freeze, jam on his croissant. "Oh it's okay Jin, it still tastes really good! Everyone has different taste buds!"

Jin smiled nervously, taking a bite. Jin preferred sweet jam over butter, and like Claudette said, everyone has different taste buds.

"Well I'm just glad you guys like it." Claudette nodded to herself, dipping the croissant yet again.

---

"'I'll text when I can.'" Jungkook finished reading aloud, Taehyung's eyes bright.

'She didn't leave because of me! I didn't do anything wrong!'

"Did she leave yet?" Taehyung asked his boyfriend, Jungkook's arm around him, Taehyung's head on his stomach.

"Yeah she did." Jungkook pulled up the groupchat with all of eight of them. "She sent a selfie with her and Yoongi hyung."

The two looked at her bright smile, eyes closed as Yoongi was laughing in the picture, the two of them in the car. She was glowing, her freckles shining through, hair braided so perfectly. She looked happy.

claudia - i'll miss you guys today!! stay safe and take care of yourselves at work today! mwah mwah!!!

"God she's so cute." Jungkook laid back and turned off his phone. "How did we manage to get so lucky?"

"Well, she passed out at the airport remember?" Taehyung smiled softly, remembering that day. "And Yoongi made security and staff clear out the rest of ARMY so she would be calmer when she woke up."

"I remember how scared she looked." Jungkook ran his fingers through Taehyung's hair. "She was so small next to Yoongi."

"Yoongi handled it well." Taehyung nodded. "He helped her to breathe and offered to take her to dinner as well."

"That was a fun dinner." Jungkook chuckled.

"Yeah, you had a fat crush." Taehyung laughed, reaching up to pinch Jungkook's cheek.