* chapter one hundred and twenty six *

three quotations indicate english ("')

regular text is korean

italicized is french

"'B-boyfriends?'" Claudette's mother repeated, eyes wide at the seven boys. "'O-Oh.'"

"Is she mad?" Jungkook asked while he waved, Taehyung pulling his hand down.

"No, but I would hold off on telling her that you're all dating each other." Claudette smiled sweetly, gesturing to Jin. "'Mom, that's Jin.'"

"'It's a pleasure to meet you Ma'am.'" Jin spoke respectfully, shaking her hand gently, bowing his head. "'I'm so thankful you two reunited.'"

"'Thank you, Jin.'" Claudette's mom shook his hand back. "Dear, what did he say?"

"He said it's a pleasure to meet you." Claudette giggled, the members all chuckling with her, not knowing what was happening. "And that he's thankful we're reunited."

"Can you tell him that he seems like a very kind man. And that he's handsome." Claudette's mother looked up at her, Claudette smiling.

"You tell him yourself."

"'Uhm, Jin?'" Claudette's mother looked at him, Jin staring back. "'You are, nice, very nice man. And, uhm.'" She looked at her daughter for help, Claudette happily hopping in.

"'Handsome.'"

"'You are handsome too.'" She held up two fingers, the boys all smiling fondly at her. "Did I say it correctly?"

Claudette nodded with a proud smile, bouncing on the balls of her feet for a few seconds. Everything was going so well!! Her mother didn't even complain about seven boyfriends. She didn't even judge.

Her mother must be a really good person.

Everyone went through their introductions and a few English phrases were learned. Claudette's mother did mess up names a few times, but she was learning fast, trying to be as attentive as possible.

"'Uh, Ma'am?'" Hoseok realized something, everyone in the living room now. "'May we know your name?'"

Claudette sat up a little straighter, Jimin's hand in her own. That was right. She didn't even know her name.

"'Audrey.'" She smiled softly. "'Audrey Monet.'" (mon-ay)

"My last name is Monet?" Claudette asked her mother, eyes wide. Audrey nodded. Claudette took a deep breath, hugging her tightly.

"'Money?'" Taehyung repeated with a frown, Namjoon facepalming. "Her last name is 'Money?'"

"No you idiot." Jungkook shoved his boyfriend lightly. "'Monet.' It's like 'money,' but the fancy version."

"Ohhhhh." Taehyung nodded, suddenly understanding. "'Money.'"

"No-"

"'So,'" Audrey and Claudette were back in the conversation, Claudette giving her two boyfriends a look. "'Do, all of you, work? Have jobs?'"

"'Yes, we do.'" Namjoon took charge of this one, everyone sighing gratefully. "'We all work the same job. We all perform in a band called BTS.'"

"Babe, you're going to have to speak slowly for her." Claudette chuckled softly, knowing her mother was deeply lost. "Mom, they work the same job as performers. They sing, rap, and dance. They're a band name is BTS."

"Oh I've heard of BTS!" Audrey's face lit up. "I've seen their performances on the television!"

"That's wonderful!" Claudette smiled brightly. "She's seen you guys perform before."