* chapter nine *

"So are you guys-" I started, but Yoongi must've read my mind and said,

"We're all bi."

"All... ?" I gestured to the seven of them.

"I'm straight." Jin and Namjoon raised their hands, while Jimin did not.

"Oh yeah I'm bi." Jimin smiled sweetly, rubbing his thighs.

"You guys are all so awesome." I sighed, leaning back into the couch. "Oh shit-" I sat up quickly. "I'm really sorry about all the questions-"

"Oh we don't mind." Taehyung smiled, patting my shoulder. "I'm sure as an ARMY, you have a lot of questions."

"Yes please." Jungkook nodded. "You can ask as many questions as you want. Your voice is nice to listen to."

I know he's taken and all but mAN-

"Oh Jungkook, your jacket is in the room-" I went to stand up, but Jin grabbed my hand.

"Please, you can keep it." Jungkook smiled, Jin pulling me back to the couch, my face most likely red as a tomato. "All I ask is that you don't sell it."

He was acting differently than yesterday. He's more confident today, while yesterday he was shy and timid.

What changed ?

I had a small little piece of hope that I was the one who made him shy and that he possibly liked me.

But who am I kidding?

He has his own Kim Taehyung, I'm nothing to him.

Or so I thought ...

——

"I'll be right back." Jin smiled and ran off, out of the kitchen. I nodded, stirring the pot of boiling water, the noodles swirling around.

Some of the guys went to the store, the press chilling in the living room.

"Claudia!" Jungkook turned around from the couch. "Come play this game with Taehyung and I!"

"I can't Jungkook." I smiled, turning towards him as well. "I'm helping-"

An apple rolled off the countertop, and I lunged to grab it.

But I didn't let go of the spoon I used for stirring the pot.

With my movement forward, I yanked the spoon forward, which in turn, pulled the pot of water off the stove.

Boiling water fell all down my legs and pooled at my feet, quite literally, burning me severely.

I screamed and jumped back, several things crashing at once. The pot, the spoon, the apple, the gaming controllers, the glass plate.

I fell backwards, tears falling down my face as I pulled my feet close to me, squeezing my eyes shut as I let out cries of pain.

I don't know how else to explain it other than it burned. It felt as if it was never going to go away, that my legs were going to forever be on fire.

"Shit shit." Jin picked me up bridal style, Jungkook leading the way to the bathroom. I held onto Jin's shirt, pressing my face against his chest at a sad attempt of blocking the pain out.

I heard the bathtub turn on, the water going to the showerhead as Jin sat me down on the edge, my legs in the tub.

"Jungkook steady her." Jin and Jungkook switched places quickly. One of my hands were pressed against the shower wall, my other clinging to Jungkook's hand as he wrapped his arm behind me, supporting me with his body and strength.

Jin moved the showerhead to my legs, the water pressure gentle, the water cool and soothing. It took some of the burning away, but man it still hurt like hell.

"Putain de merde." I repeated several times, squeezing my eyes shut as the cold water reached my feet, the burn reaching the bottom of my feet as well. (fucking damnit)

"I have a feeling I shouldn't ask what that means." Jungkook smiled from beside me, holding my hand tightly as Jin let the water slide over my legs.

"C'est mieux si tu ne le fais pas." I spoke through my clenched teeth, not caring if I spoke the wrong language, everything hurts. I'm not concerned about what language I'm speaking. (it's best if you don't)

"You're okay." Jungkook rubbed my back, his knee coming up behind me, supporting me with the lack of his arm. "They're first degree burns, you're okay."

I nodded and took a deep breath, Jin moving the shower head over my legs, getting everything cold.

"Okay." Taehyung breathed, jogging in. "I cleaned everything up real quick and Google says to keep cold water on the burn for ten minutes."

Jungkook looked at his watch. "About seven more minutes Jin." Jin nodded, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Jin," Taehyung pulled at his lip as he looked at his phone. "Do we have Aloe Vera and Ibuprofen?"

"We have Ibuprofen-sorry." Jin apologized once I hissed at the water on my feet. The bottoms of my feet hurt the worse, man it'll be a pain in the ass to walk. "But we don't have Aloe Vera."

Taehyung nodded and put his phone on speaker while he called someone. I closed my eyes, hanging my head as I wished the pain in my legs and feet to go away.

"What?" Yoongi asked, an annoyed tone in his voice.

"Hey Clauds spilled boiling water all over her legs can you buy like, two things of Aloe Vera before you come back?" Taehyung sat down on the closed toilet top, looking at his nails.

"She WHAT?" Yoongi shouted, Hoseok and Jimin heard shushing him in the background. "Cam burned her legs!" Yoongi hissed to the two.

"Oh my God is she okay?" Jimin was heard, Hoseok speaking quickly as well, but I couldn't make out anything he said.

I slowly opened my eyes in realization.

BTS

BTS are worried about me.

Jungkook is holding me and I'm holding his hand-

Jin is fucking taking care of me-

Taehyung called just for me-

Yoongi is-

"Cam, can you hear me?" Yoongi must've repeated because everyone in the bathroom was looking at me.

"Y-yeah." I spoke up. "I can hear you."

"Jesus Christ are you okay-Hoseok I don't know where the Aloe Vera is, look for it. Jimin go with him so he doesn't get lost-Cam?" Yoongi spoke quickly, his (god-like) rapping skills popping off.

"I'm still here." My voice cracked, my hand releasing the wall to cover my mouth, Jungkook having to hold me tighter to steady me.

Fuck I have Jungkook clinging to my waist, Jin on his knees in front of me, Taehyung staring at me, and Yoongi-

"Cam are you crying?" Yoongi asked, his voice slightly less stern.

"N-no." I wiped away my tears, and my sniff was a lot louder than I planned it to be.

"One of you assholes hug her and don't let her go until I get back, okay?" Yoongi obviously directed this to the boys, and Jungkook started to rub my back after pulling me back to sit more on his thigh so I had more balance. "Cam, I'll be back soon, okay? Don't freak out on me, you'll be okay. You're in good hands."

He hung up.

Why would I freak-

Oh,

He, he remembered my vasovagal syncope.

He cares.