bonus : the dogs

yes hello i have returned. but don't worry, it's a mainly sad chapter.

The sad ending : Claudette's death.

The boys returned to the house silently. They felt like zombies. And then the three little balls of sunshine barked and ran to them.

Ana was all grown up now. She was beautiful, she and Layla were the best of sisters. Eliot and her still argued and bickered, but now, she could stand up for herself.

Layla was old, she was getting very old. But she still had strength, still had energy. She just needs more naps than normal. She couldn't play tag for very long anymore. Eliot loved teasing her age, but was always the first to tell her to lay down when she got tired.

Eliot, Eliot was Eliot. He was always so full of energy, happiness. He was loud too. Once he found out what sex was, he loved ruining it. He would bark and bark and bark by the door. He would run into the room with his eyes closed. Gosh it was so funny to him.

Jimin fell to the floor sobbing once he saw the three dogs.

Namjoon couldn't, he really couldn't. He turned around and walked back outside, tears streaming down his face as the dogs' barks slowly died down.

Taehyung didn't move. He watched as Yeontan also joined the huddle, looking confused, but barked. Yeontan loved Claudette. She would,, she would bring him to her little library, let him lay in the sun that streamed in. He would sleep, and, she would rest her book against his stomach...

He loved her stories.

Jin took a shaky breath, watching as Layla slowly looked around. He knew she knew.

'Where's Mom.' Layla whined, staring at Jin. Jin closed his eyes, lowering his head. 'Yoongi?'

'What's going on Layla?' Ana sat beside Layla, whining loudly. 'Where's Mom? Why are they all so sad.'

Eliot watched as Layla's face fell. 'Ana, maybe you should go to bed.'

'No!' Ana barked, Eliot backing up at his little sister's ferociousness. 'No! I want my mom!'

Yoongi held Hoseok as he sobbed into his shoulder, crying "I'm sorry" over and over. He didn't know what to do with the dogs. He felt their pain, he felt all of their pain.

Jungkook sat down, right in front of the four dogs. He smiled sadly, taking a deep breath. "Hey, guys. You're probably really confused right now, right?" Jungkook wiped away a tear, knowing not to look back at everyone. "You're probably saying 'Where's Mom?' or, 'Where's Claudette?'"

Jin lost it. He went in the hallway with Namjoon, falling into him, unable to stand.

"I'm thinking the same thing." Jungkook laughed weakly. "It's so weird without her." Jungkook looked down at his hand, watching it tremble. "Uhm, she... She..." Jungkook's lip trembled. He closed his eyes, forcing himself to calm down. "You guys know the stars, right? " Jungkook opened his eyes, his heart burning. "She showed you guys the stars a lot.

"On our first date, we looked at the stars." Jungkook's voice cracked, Yeontan laying his head on Jungkook's leg, staring up at his Father. "She... Claudette, she's up, with... them." Jungkook bit his fingers, wanting to sob. "She's... she's so beautiful, dancing up there with them. Do you guys want to see if we can see her?"

'Mom ... she's, dead?' Ana looked up at Layla. 'Tell me it isn't true.'

'I'm sorry Ana.' Layla let her baby sister cry. 'Let's go see Mom, let's go see her.'

Jungkook led everyone outside, no words were exchanged, just tears, just hugs. Jungkook sat in the grass, holding a crying, whimpering Eliot. The same dog that peed on his shoes, spilled an endless amount of his drinks, tackled him, woke him up for fun.