* chapter thirty two *

"Woah," Claudette's walk quickly slowed as they walked into the store, Hoseok having to stop his long stride to stand beside her. "This place smells expensive."

"Now that you mention it, it kinda does." Hoseok smiled, looking down at her sparkling eyes. "Well, lead the way Miss Claudie. We're here for you."

"But, aren't you going to get anything?" Claudette's lips formed a small pout, turning toward Hoseok. It took everything inside of Hoseok to not pinch her cheeks and coo at her cuteness.

"Well Miss Claudie," Hoseok chuckled, ruffling her hair. "We are in a women's store. I'm sure you'll find many more articles of clothing than I will. Though," Hoseok looked at the bag sat by the sweaters, "That bag really is nice."

"Well, I guess I do need more jeans." Claudette rubbed her arm, looking around the store. "Over there?"

"Yes I believe so." Hoseok took a step forward. "Come Miss Claudie, we'll get you the best jeans here."

"Any jeans are fine-" Claudette tried to contradict Hoseok, but he interrupted her with.

"Nope. The best of the best." Hoseok wrapped his arm around Claudette's shoulder, telling everyone in the store that he's watching over her, and no one else should come near. "When you go back to Paris, you'll start a new fashion trend!"

"Maybe." Claudette giggled, feeling quite comfortable with Hoseok. "All of the people who stop by the coffee shop will be dying to know where I got them I'm sure."

"Ooo, you work at a coffee shop?" Hoseok and Claudette slowed their walk once they reached the shelves.

"Ah yeah, I do." Claudette responded, her shoulders feeling bare once Hoseok took his arm off of her. "Believe it or not I do have a job."

'Cute and hardworking.' Hoseok grinned, seeing Yoongi in her. "Well my job for the day is to give you an addition to your wardrobe and aesthetic." Hoseok gestured to the stacks upon stacks of jeans. "Ripped or not ripped?"

---

Claudette had finally loosened up around Hoseok. She kept freaking out everytime Hoseok added something to the cart, or mumbled the price of another article of clothing. But now, she was asking if she could add things to the cart, Hoseok of course nodding, not even looking at the price anymore.

She drifted towards the more cheaper items, and Hoseok had to pull her back to the more expensive ones. Sometimes he allowed her to get some of the cheaper brands, when she really liked it of course.

Claudette held a shirt and turned around, about to show it to Hoseok, but she froze once she saw the cart.

"Oh my God that's too much stuff." Claudette almost dropped the shirt in shock, Hoseok looking up from his phone, his other hand resting on the cart.

"Hmm?" His eyes were confused, Claudette could see that clearly from the colored lenses of his sunglasses. "Woah what are you doing?" He put his phone in his pocket once Claudette took an arm full of the clothes from the cart.

"That's like the amount of clothes I already own, I can't let you buy all of that." Claudette ignored the fact that Hoseok's hand was on her arm, stopping her from grabbing any more clothes. "It's too much."

"No it's not." Hoseok smiled reassuringly, but frowned slightly once he saw she didn't loosen up. "Okay, how about two more pairs of shoes and then we'll be done."

"Cheap, shoes." Claudette gave him a lok.

"Shoes." Hoseok smiled, helping Claudette lower the clothes back into the cart. "What kind of shoes do you usually wear?" Hoseok glanced over at Claudette as he pushed the cart, allowing her to lead him to the shoes that caught her eyes.

"Sneakers or boots, like, combat boots I guess." Claudette found her way to the black combat boots. "Anything that's comfortable."

"Have you ever worn heels before?" Hoseok leaned on the cart, watching as Claudette slowed her motions, thinking. "Or like, dress shoes?"

"Ah, I have not." Claudette turned to Hoseok, holding the boots in her hands. "Are they comfortable?"

Hoseok chuckled. "Well Claudette, I personally haven't worn heels before." His laugh got louder once he saw Claudette's face grow red. "But, over there, you could try some on. If you want to of course!"

"Why not." Claudette rubbed the back of her neck. "But, can I get these boots, please?"

"Yes, yes you can." Hoseok ruffled her hair, taking the box from her hands and setting it in the cart while she grinned happily. "Oh?" He looked down as she latched onto his side, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you so much Hoseokie." Claudette smiled, her words confident, no longer nervous and timid. "You're like-oh my gosh you're my Fairy Godmot-Godfather..?"

'Sugar Dad-'

"How about your bestest friend?" Hoseok pushed the cart, Claudette still hugging him as they walked forward.

"I've never had a best friend-Hoseok you'll be my best friend?" Claudette looked up, Hoseok having to raise his arm so he could see her face squished against his side.

"Uh duh!" He stopped walking, eyes wide, smile wider. "I'm your best friend!"

"My best friend!" She unlatched from Hoseok, the two holding each other's hands while they jumped, giggling and laughing. "Can we do best friend things?"

"What kind of best friend things?" Hoseok and her stopped jumping, their energies matching each other perfectly. "Like, like 2 am Taco Bell runs?!"

"And stealing road cones off the road!" Claudette squealed, her feet tapping the ground excitedly. "Hoseok we'll be best friend goals!"

"Yes we will!" Hoseok tapped his feet too, their faces scrunching in excitement. "Now, those heels we were talking about."

"Oh right!" Claudette let go of Hoseok's hands, pointing to the heels behind him. "Over there."

Hoseok watched her run off to the heels, finding some instantly and showing them to him, even if Hoseok was still a good while away. He smiled lovingly, walking over to her.

'Maybe I do have two types.' Hoseok watched her put on the heels, her already complaining about the small room for her toes. 'Yoongi and Claudette.'

"Hoseok."

"Yes?"

"Can you help me balance. I think I might twist my ankle."

"I keep forgetting this is your first time wearing heels."

i know i said every day update or every other and i've failed quite miserably and i'm sorry.
i'm just having a hard time now and i'm so so tired. i will try to be better i'm sorry.
but on the plus side, i was on a five hour zoom call with my friends the other day and that was really fun .