* chapter thirty *

"So," Claudette rubbed her arms, sat next to Taehyung as they drove to get breakfast. "Why did you want to take me for groceries?"

"Oh-"

"I think I should wait to confess for a while." Jungkook laid his hand on Taehyung's chest, Taehyung's arm around him as they laid in bed together.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung frowned, his rubbing on Jungkook's arm slowing. "I thought you really liked her."

"Ever since I started liking her, everything just got so complimented." Jungkook sighed, snuggling closer to Taehyung. "Maybe I don't even like her. Maybe my brain just thinks I like her because she's the first girl in a long time that's shown me genuine kindness and respect."

Taehyung knew he was just second guessing himself. Taehyung knows his boyfriend, and he knows he's in love with her. The way his eyes light up when he sees her, the way he ran to him to show the ring she bought for him, it all adds up.

Jungkook was just scared of rejection.

"Alright Babe." Taehyung leaned down and kissed his forehead, Jungkook closing his eyes. "I won't say anything to her."

"Why not?" Taehyung chuckled. "I feel like we haven't really gotten to know each other. Plus, I gotta make up for last time."

"Last time..." Claudette mumbled, the previous car ride coming back to her mind. "Oh yeah, that kinda sucked."

"It did." Taehyung nodded, picking up his phone while he drove. "Can you connect my phone to the bluetooth so we can listen to music?" Taehyung was so good at easing tension, quick on his feet to make someone feel better or laugh.

Music was always an answer.

"I get to see the wonders of Kim Taehyung's playlist?" Claudette whisper gasped, holding his phone like it was a million dollars. "Really?"

"Yes." Taehyung laughed. "'Kim Taehyung' what happened to Tae?"

"It's you! Kim Taehyung!" Claudette laughed as well. "Sir Kim-" Claudette snapped her mouth shut, eyes widening..

"Did you just call me Sir-"

"OH I LOVE THIS SONG!" Claudette turned up the music as loud as she could, Taehyung barely flinching at the loud noise, used to the volume due to hundreds of concerts he's performed at.

Taehyung couldn't stop smiling, Claudette's ARMY side really popping out when she was with him. He loved it. Whenever he interacted with ARMY, it was very quick, or through a screen. But seeing her flustered state and the vocabulary they use, it was so entertaining.

"멈춘 시간 속 잠든 너를 찾아가
아무리 막아도 결국 너의 곁인 걸
길고 긴 여행을 끝내 이젠 돌아가
너라는 집으로 지금 다시 way back home." Taehyung sang along, nodding his head to the beat.

Claudette released a shaky breath, thankful Taehyung didn't press her about saying 'Sir.'

'You dumbass." Claudette physically hit her forehead, Taehyung glancing over. 'Why would you say 'Sir??' I mean you aren't wrong, and at least you didn't say Daddy-'

"Come on Clauds." Taehyung shouted over the music, still blasting through the speakers. "Sing with me!"

Claudette snapped out of her embarrassment, actually knowing this song as well. "멈춘 시간 속 잠든 너를 찾아가

아무리 막아도 결국 너의 곁인 걸
길고 긴 여행을 끝내 이젠 돌아가
너라는 집으로 지금 다시 way back home." She closed her eyes, singing along. It wasn't hard for her to get lost in the lyrics. Music is what kept her from falling into an eternal sleep.

Her love for music brought her to BTS.

Taehyung blinked, staying quiet as he listened to Claudette sing. She's really good-

"Come on Tae!" Claudette nudged him from his train of thought. "Don't let me sing alone!"

Taehyung smiled, jumping in with her. They sang the song at the top of their lungs, singing make-up harmonies, and just laughing with one another.

'Geez I just had a singing party with Taeyung.' Claudette grinned like an idiot as she stood from the car.

'Geez I just fell in love.' Taehyung hit his head on the door.

---

"Do you need help with anything Claud?" Jin put his elbows on the table, asking in a gentle tone.

"Uhm, yeah sure!" I smiled, standing straight again after I had tied my hair up, Jungkook's sweatshirt now tied around my waist. "I'm going to make the tarte tatin first and then quickly make the main meal, the flamiche." I laughed once I saw Jin's confused face. "Apple pie and a cheese and vegetable pastry thing."

"Can I help?" Jimin ran into the kitchen, sliding on his socks before coming to a stop. "Please?"

"Of course you can." I motioned for him to join us behind the counter. "So who wants to cut the applesssss oh good morning Jungkook!" I smiled at him, the feeling of his lips against mine burning into my lips.

"Hey Claudia, can I steal you for a second?" Jungkook rubbed his arm, smiling sheepishly.

"Mhm," I hummed, turning back to Jin and Jimin. "Wash the apples for me and cut them in half?" They held up their thumbs and smiled.

"Hey, so I've been thinking..."Jungkook closed the door behind him, my hands finding the sleeves of his sweatshirt around my waist. "I really, really enjoyed our kiss, and don't get me wrong, I like you a lot... But, I don't know if I'm ready for a girlfriend yet."

I nodded, keeping my eyes on Jungkook. He stayed quiet, almost completely still. "Oh am I supposed to react more?"

"I thought you'd get really mad-wait you aren't upset?" Jungkook's eyebrows pressed together, leaning forward slightly.

"No, why would I?" I crossed my arms. "Jungkook, being your friend is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Being in a relationship with you seems unreal, and, well, if you ever wanted one, I would most definitely not oppose." I felt my cheeks burn, my eyes leaving his. "But please, take your time, I'm not rushing you at all. And if that kiss really did mean something to you... I don't mind waiting."

'Woah woah woah, pause pause.' My brain halted and shut my lips. 'You do realize that the idol you've dreamt of dating is kinda confessing and just saying he's not ready YET??? Hon, how are you so calm??'

I smiled nervously, my whole body tensing up. 'Fuck fuck fuck fuck-'

"Thank you." Jungkook breathed, hugging me tightly. "Thank you so much for understanding."

"It's what everyone should do." I hugged him back, recalling my books and their advice on relationships. "They should understand, no matter how easy or difficult it may be."

"You, you really are so wonderful. I do like you, I like you a lot Claudia." Jungkook refused to loosen our hug. "It's just, I've got Taehyung to handle, and I don't know how an open relationship would work, and I really want to confirm my feelings." Jungkook chuckled softly. "It's mainly because Taehyung is such a handful and I want to make sure I'd be able to be good to you."

'This is where you combust into nothing and squeal.' My brain reminded me. 'Three two one go-'

"Ooo am I interrupting something?" Taehyung opened the door, wiggling his eyebrows. "Hi cute couple number two."

"I told you already, Dumbass." Jungkook finally released our hug. "I'm not ready for another relationship."

"Yeah yeah, I know." Taehyung rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "I still ship y'all." Taehyung huffed softly, a smile crawling onto his lips. "Hey Clauds have you ever heard of a poly-"

"ETTIE!!!" Jimin screamed, my whole body tensing up. "COME HERE."

"I gotta go I guess." I smiled walking past Taehyung. "What did you say? I didn't hear because of Jimin-"

"Nothing!" Jungkook shouted, slamming his hand against Taehyung's mouth. "He said nothing Claudia bye Claudia!"

And the door was slammed shut, a smack being faintly heard from behind the wood.