* chapter forty two *

Claudette gasped and sat up quickly, Yoongi jolting awake beside her from her sudden movements Claudette looked around wildly, breathing heavily, this startling Yoongi and kicking him into action.

"Woah woah what's wrong?" Yoongi didn't rub his eyes like he normally does when he wakes up, he didn't yawn, that a common thing as well. No, he was wide awake, holding Claudette's hands before she could pull at her hair.

"I, I fell asleep." Claudette swallowed, holding onto Yoongi's hands.

"You did." Yoongi responded cautiously, not knowing why she was freaking out a bit, and certainly did not want to say much incase he accidentally triggered more panic. "Was it a bad dream?"

"Yeah." Claudette nodded, her voice quiet. "I don't,, I don't remember it but I feel so scare-"

"Everything is okay Cameron." Yoongi pulled her close, spreading his legs out so Claudette could lay between them, her back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her midsection, holding her tight. Her hands came up and held his forearms tightly, needing to hold something. "I'm here with you, don't forget that."

"I won't." She whispered, turning her face to him, a sign of a hug. Yoongi knew what she meant and kissed her head, hoping the little move of affection would help.

The two laid in bed for a while until Claudette felt calm once more, her heartbeat no longer pounding inside of her.

"Are you feeling better Hon?" Yoongi rubbed her arms, still hugging her from behind.

"I am." Claudette turned to look up at Yoongi, using her hand to gently turn his head towards her, kissing him softly. "Thank you."

Yoongi kissed her again, still holding her tight as their eyes fell closed, this feeling of peacefulness falling on both of their bodies like a blanket.

And a feeling of heartbreak struck Jin like a bolt of lightning.

He almost dropped the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

Almost.

All he wanted to do was check to see if Yoongi was awake and then go confess to Claudette.

He was going to do it.

He was so, so excited.

He was going to do it!

He was going to finally, finally have a lasting love.

Was.

Jin turned to the side, taking a step, her soft laughter the only sound in his ears. For some reason, a reason not even Jin knew, he didn't cry. He didn't see the hallway he was walking in, he only saw her smile of pure joy, of happiness. He saw Yoongi's lips against hers.

His feet led him to Jimin's room, his hand knocking softly, the images finally disappearing once Jimin answered. "Oh hi Hyung!"

"I was wondering if you wanted these in your room." Jin held up the flowers, his eyes fixed on Jimin's hair, not able to lower them to his eyes. "I know you like having some kind of plant in your room..." Jin watched Jimin's hands take the flowers, and for a split second, he saw Claudette's hands, and her smile... but it was only Jimin.

"Yes of course I'll take them!" Jimin smiled excitedly, holding them up to his nose to take a deep inbreath of them. He sighed, his eyes closing once the sweet smell of the flowers flowed into his nose. "Thank, you ... Hyung." Jimin drifted off once he looked back up at Jin.

Jin's eyes didn't leave the flowers, almost like a blank stare, but his eyes weren't blank. They held the shards of hope in them, the shards stained with the blood of his broken heart. A broken smile laid across Jin's lips, wishing it was Claudette standing across from him, accepting the flowers with the same joy Jimin had.