* chapter twenty two *

"Ettie." Jimin smiles as he and Claudette held hands, the two swinging their arms side to side between them. And Jungkook, of course, stood off to the side, arms crossed and trying to ignore the fact that she let go of his hand to hold Jimin's.

"Yes?" She smiled, almost giggling while they swung arms.

"Can I buy you something?" Jimin asked a bit shyly. It was almost impossible to remain strong and confident while you looked into those green eyes of her's.

"Oh Jimin you don't have to." Claudette also, got shy, extremely shy. Their arms didn't swing as fast anymore, and they both had a hint of red to them.

"I wanna, uh, buy you a dog."

Jimin and Claudette's arms fell short, their finger only barely holding on to one another.

"Me?" Claudette's voice cracked, unable to believe the words that came out of his mouth. "A dog? Really me?"

"Yes you!" Jimin nodded quickly, holding their fingers tighter, their hands finally fully connecting. "So you have someone with you to look out for you when I'm not there to do so."

Jungkook's eyes fluttered closed in annoyance. 'There's no I in BTS.'

"Jimin, I, I would love a dog." Claudette hugged Jimin, throwing herself into his arms. It took everything inside of her to not look up and kiss his cheek.

And it took everything inside of Jimin to not look down and kiss her forehead.

---

"She was the first born, the strongest of the litter." The employer spoke to Jimin off to the side, Jungkook and Claudette being drowned by puppies on the floor. "Really well behaved, and already knows the basic commands."

"She sounds wonderful." Jimin looked down at the dog, sitting beside the employer, wagging her tail. "How old is she?"

"Eleven months, almost a year." The employer smiled proudly, thinking he has this man sold.

"Ett-" Jimin turned, thinking she was listening like he was. He smiled at her, Claudette laughing with a puppy on her stomach, hopping around.

"Sir-" The worker knew his client was slipping from his grasp. He was about to buy their most expensive dog! He couldn't-

"What are you doing to that poor dog Ettie?" Jimin crouched down beside his friend, Jungkook wrestling with some of the older dogs. The client sighed, rubbing the dog's head beside him.

"I'm not doing anything!" Claudette laughed once the puppy licked her face. "Jimin, this one is really nice!" Claudette sat up, hugging the puppy in her arms, the puppy still determined to lick her face. "You goof."

"You want him?" Jimin smiled, reaching forward and rubbing the dog's head as well.

Claudette looked up at Jimin with wide, hopefully eyes. "Can I Jimin?"

"Anything for you-" Jimin was cut off by a squeal from Claudette and her body on top of his. He was crouched, so when she dove at him to hug him, he was knocked off balance quite easily.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" She hugged him tightly, the little puppy barking from beside them. "Hi buddy!" Claudette picked herself off of Jimin, Jimin a red mess still on the ground. "I'm gonna give you the best home!"

Yes, Jungkook wished he was Jimin, but it was quite entertaining seeing how flustered Jimin got.

---

"Joon!"

Namjoon stopped in his tracks.

'Joon? Who calls me Joon? Why is it a girl?'

"Joonie I got a puppy!"

'Claudette-'

Namjoon turned around, eyes widening as he saw Claudette and Jimin waving widely, a little ball of golden hair in her arms.

"A puppy?" Namjoon smiled, walking towards them, catching sight of Jungkook pulling his hood over his head. "Where'd you get a puppy from?"

"Hyung, we're in a pet store." Jimin jumped a little in excitement, balling up his hands all cutely.

"Ah that's right." Namjoon chuckled, holding up his hand, poised to pet the dog. "May I?"

"Yes of course!" Claudette giggled and kissed the puppy's head. "C'est mon ami, Namjoon." Claudette spoke gently to the animal in her arms.

"What did that mean?" Namjoon gave Claudette a look. "I heard my name."

"Oh I was just introducing you to him." Claudette smiled, her eyes falling closed. "I wanna teach him in French!"

"Cute." Jimin crossed his arms, close, but watching the two's interaction carefully. A movement caught his eye. "Jungkook-"

"I'm going to go get dog food." Jungkook paused, turning his head slightly. "And a cart."

'I haven't seen his hood up in a long time.' Jimin frowned slightly, his mood dropping slightly.

But Claudette's laugh snapped him back to reality.