* chapter one hundred and eighteen *

"Is there anything I can do?" Hoseok asked, Claudette crying into his shirt. "Anything at all?"

"No." She wailed softly, holding onto Hoseok's shirt as he rubbed her back. "Everything went so bad. It wasn't supposed to go like this."

"I know Honey I know." Hoseok sighed, holding her tight. "Not everything can go the way we want it to."

"I made Jin upset." Claudette wiped her eyes, laying her head on his chest. "That should,, how could I make him upset? He's never done anything wrong, ever. He's so nice to me and and I just did that to him."

"Baby, he loves you." Hoseok spoke sadly, knowing Claudette was overthinking. "This is just an argument, okay,? Just a fight. You both love each other too much for you guys to just end your relationship after this."

"But I feel horrible." Claudette wiped her nose with her sleeve. "I can't believe myself."

"You will have plenty of time to apologize or make up with him tomorrow." Hoseok soothed, Claudette sniffing as she tried to slow her breathing down. "We have the whole afternoon off."

"I-I have my interview tomorrow." Claudette's face broke again, burying it in Hoseok's shirt. "I can't do this."

"Yes you can." Hoseok frowned slightly, letting her cry into him. "What time is your interview?"

"Noon. It's going to be over lunch." Claudette kept her face against his chest, closing her eyes.

"Then we'll be home, ready to hear all about it." Hoseok tried to lighten the mood. "Baby, this will all be okay. No one wants to be in a fight with you, they just want time to cool off, okay? I'm almost one hundred percent confident Taehyung and Namjoon will talk to you about what happened tomorrow."

"And Jin?"

"I don't know about him yet." Hoseok tried to think, not knowing what Jin would do. "But I think you'll have to make the first move with him, okay?"

"Okay" Claudette nodded and sniffed, sitting up from his chest. "I can do that."

"Yes you can." Hoseok held her hand and showed it. "He loves you very much."

They both looked at the ring on Claudette's ring finger. A smile crossed Claudette's face, butterflies taking their flight in Hoseok's stomach.

"There it is." Hoseok held her face, wiping away the tears still on her face. "There's my favorite smile."

-

Jin sat silently on the floor, looking up at the shelves. He had made his way into Claudette's mini library in their house, missing his girlfriend tremendously. They haven't had a happy conversation in so long.

All he wanted was to sit here with her, her in his lap, and listen to her talk for hours about her newest book she's read. He could imagine her waving her hands around, talking and talking, knowing he was listening.

And he always listened. He loved her explanations, how she viewed them. He simply loved her voice as well. And he loved her in his arms, being able to hold her so tight. He loved every ounce of her, every imperfection, every freckle.

Jin slowly stood up, going eye level to one of the shelves. He let his eyes fly past the titles. It was a very gentle flight, one that a butterfly could easily take. His eyes searched for familiar titles, ones he's read or ones that Claudette has told him about.

He found a very, very familiar one.

Romeo and Juliet.

This was Claudette's newest heartbreak, and one that she loved ranting to Jin about. Even now, Jin was shocked at how tragic the story was. How annoying it was to Claudette that Friar John just couldn't get to Romeo. How annoying it was that Romeo couldn't wait two more minutes before drinking the poison.