* chapter eighty three *

"Get off him!" Yoongi pulled Jimin away from Namjoon, Taehyung pulling Namjoon from Jimin. "Will you both knock it off?"

"I could crush you!" Namjoon shouted at Jimin, Jimin struggling against Yoongi so he could finish what he started.

"Do it!" Jimin barked. "See what happens!"

Namjoon kicked at Jimin, hitting the younger boy's thigh. Jimin slipped from Yoongi's arms and managed a punch across Namjoon's face, Namjoon shouting and Taehyung lost his grip, Namjoon nailing Jimin in the stomach.

Jin shoved Namjoon back, Hoseok helping Yoongi while they both pulled Jimin into another room. "Grow up! Both of you!" Jin snapped before the door shut, Jimin finally separated from Namjoon.

Namjoon stole his arms from Taehyung, yanking his shirt down so it was fixed. He glared at the door, wiping the blood from his nose. "I knew I should've let Bang kick him from the group."

"You take that back right now!" Taehyung stopped Namjoon from storming off. "Take it back."

"Never."

Jungkook turned his head towards the new fight, taking a shaky breath and returning back to his current concern. "Hey buddy, it's going to be okay."

He was trying to coax Eliot out from beneath the table. The poor dog has been hiding since Claudette ran off. "Eliot, come here please." Jungkook smiled sadly at the still puppy. Jungkook flinched once something was thrown behind him, Jin's voice somehow getting louder. "It's okay." His voice cracked, tears burning at his eyes. "Just come here Little Man."

Layla peeked around from the couch, hearing Eliot's name. She and him were separated after the boys started fighting. Layla wanted to bark at them, or jump in, try and get them separated, but she feared for her own safety.

Men were scary, especially when they were angry.

'Where is Mom?' She mumbled and hurried over to Jungkook and Eliot.

"Hi Layla." Jungkook quickly wiped away his tears once the older dog sat next to him. "I'm not trying to hurt Eliot or anything. I-I'm just trying to help."

'I know you would never hurt him Jungkook.' Layla put her head on Jungkook's knee, looking up at him. His lip quivered as he looked down at the dog, finding great comfort in her silent love. 'You can cry Jungkook, it's okay.'

'Is he nice Layla?' Eliot whined softly, Layla looking over to him.

'Of course he is.' Layla wagged her tail a little, to really show Eliot that she was okay with him. 'I know you don't like him, but we should stay with him until Mom comes back.'

Eliot practically lept into Jungkook's arms, shivering in the young boy' embrace.

"I got you." Jungkook whispered, hugging Eliot tightly.

"Stop fighting!" Hoseok ran out from the room, Yoongi helping Jimin with his bruising stomach and sore thigh. "Taehyung!" Hoseok grabbed his wrist, Taehyung turning to swing at Hoseok, but he caught that too. "Get off me!" Hoseok shoved him away from him, Taehyung stumbling into the wall.

Jin punched Namjoon, dodging his punch. "Don't you dare swing at me again." He growled as he shoved Namjoon back.

"Fuck you!" Namjoon tried to steal his arms from Jin, blood running down his face.

"Scream all you want!" Jin shouted at Namjoon, shoving him into his room. "But you do not hit the others! Understood?!"

Namjoon spat blood at Jin, Jin slamming his door shut. "Rot in hell!"