* chapter forty five *

Claud took the cup of water from the nurse with shaky hands, seeing her bruised hands for the first time since she woke up. The nurse patiently waited as Claudette drank the water, knowing her throat was a bit damaged from the scans they did earlier.

"The men were all caught that night." The nurse waited until Claudette was finished drinking. "They have been on the wanted list for quite some time now, so they won't be getting out of jail for a long time." The nurse smiled sympathetically. "They can't hurt you again."

Claudette's eyes filled with tears, gripping the cup tightly as she tried to keep her breathing even. "Thank you, for telling me." She whispered, her eyes shaking as she forced them onto the nurse.

"Of course Sweetheart." The nurse nodded slightly, pain in her eyes as she stared at the sexually assaulted girl. She looked so weak and empty and, lifeless. "The dogs that were with you, do you wish to see them? Would that let me see a small spark of life in your eyes?"

Just at the mention of her dog, Claudette held her breath, eyes gaining a bit of spark again. "Both of them?"

"We gave them bathes and tended to the little one's wounds." The nurse stood up, folding her hands in front of her. "We also fed them some dog food we got from a vet clinic. I really hope this is alright with you?"

"Y-yes, thank you." Claudette nodded, wiping away the tears that escaped the crumbling bridge of her eyes.

'That German Shepherd saved my life. And if he or she is here with me, that means he or she is a stray.' Claudette's eyes unfocused as she thought, staring at the wall. 'Maybe, maybe I could adopt him or her, give her or him a life since they saved mine.'

"Eliot." Claudette breathed as the puppy ran into the room, jumping up and into Claudette's lap. She laughed weakly, hugging her puppy the best she could as he licked her face, his whole body wagging with his tail. "Thank you my baby."

He was the one that ran off, he was the one that brought the German Shepherd with him.

Eliot is her guardian angel.

Claudette opened her eyes once weight was pressed down at the foot of her bed. There sat the German Shepherd, sitting tall, proud.

And quite intimidatingly.

Claudette sat back away from the dog, Eliot in her arms. She held her breath, staring at the stray dog, waiting for s/he to make a move. And s/he did. The German Shepherd scoot forward and place her/his head in Claudette's lap.

"A girl." The nurse whispered, realizing this dog was a stray, not Claudette's. But the dog would not leave her side, so it was a good reason to take the dog with them.

"Thank you Girl." Claudette rubbed the dog's head, setting Eliot down so she could hold her head with both hands. "Good girl." She laid her head on the dog's. "Good girl."

---

"Oh hello Cam." Yoongi answered, the movie the boys were all watching on pause because of the phone call. "You haven't answered any of our texts..." Yoongi drifted off, hearing Claudette take a shaky breath.

"Yoongi I'm really sorry." She gripped the bed sheets of the hospital bed tightly. "Yoongi, another man touched me and, and I promise I didn't consent-"

"You..." Yoongi interrupted her, blinking several times as he sat up. "He..."

"All three of them were-"

"Three?!" Yoongi raised his voice, heart pounding as he stood up, starting to pace. The boys watched with wide eyes, not sure exactly what was happening.

"Are you mad at me?" Claudette whispered, and without missing a beat, "I'm so sorry Yoongi I tried-"

"No no, I'm not mad at you Cam, not at all." Yoongi pinched the bridge of his nose, frowning deeply as he closed his eyes, halting his pacing. "I'm mad at those,, pigs." Yoongi took a deep breath, opening his eyes. "I'm so sorry baby." He whispered, turning around from the guys so he didn't hear what he said. "I'll get a flight and help you." He turned back to the guys, searching for a laptop or tablet.

"What's going on?" Jungkook hissed, but Yoongi ignored him, focusing on what she was saying.

"No no." Claudette rushed, Eliot whining in her lap. The German Shepherd licked her face while tears traced her face. "I-I'm, it's okay I'll be okay."

"Cam-"

"Don't come Yoongi." Claudette took a fistful of her hair into her fists, hating every word that left her lips. "Focus on work okay Yoon? I-I have to go."

Yoongi's ears rattled while the beeping sound sounded. He looked at his phone, in shock she just hung up.

Without even saying goodbye.

Yoongi turned to face the boys again, the boys all twisted around to stare at Yoongi with concerned eyes.

"She..." Yoongi sighed, tossing his phone onto the kitchen table before rubbing his forehead. "She was sexually assaulted last night."

y'all are crazy good at making me flustered 

but thank you for the compliments and hearts, you're all too sweet.

also how does one respond to "step on me."

cause,,, cause i didn't know how to respond lmao

anyways, i'm back to square one with my depression. i've left the gc's again and i'm sorry.. i just , yeah. i can hardly breathe, and i need to get better.

but i'm learning how to play my comfort song on the piano, that's a good news