* chapter one hundred and sixteen *

alright my buds and boos. this is quite a long chapter so go grab some water and a snack. omg its like a movie but with words.

... a book. it's literally a book-nevermind. enjoy!

..

Claudette sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned her head into her hand. She sat in her back room, makeup things open on the table around her, curling irons and straighteners as well, all around her.

Jin and her were supposed to go to Victoria's Secret today, but, she had to cancel.

She couldn't get his face out of her mind.

"Date number eighteen today!" Jin sang as she walked into his room, him getting ready in the bathroom. "I cleared the majority of my schedule today so I'm all yours!"

Claudette's heart sank as she walked into the bathroom, standing behind him.

"Awh you look amazing!" He smiled widely, looking at her through the mirror. "Straightened your hair today?"

"Jin-"

"Do you want to get a drink this morning? A substitute for breakfast because I was planning on a big-"

"Jin." Claudette cut him off, this already painful for her. He was so fucking excited. "Jin I'm sorry Baby."

"What's wrong?" Jin turned around, a concerned frown on his face. "You don't want to get lingerie anymore? We can change the date to the beach or something and we can build a sand castle-"

"I have to cancel, Babe." Claudette pinched her palm tightly, looking him in the eye.

Jin's face fell, all hopes of building a sand castle with his lover demolished by those five words. He tried to smile, tried not to look so miserable.

"I have to advertise something at the library today. The company came yesterday and it was really last minute."

"Oh," Jin swallowed, trying to put a true smile on his face. "I'll come to the library with you! I can help you and Bada since it's just-"

"No Jin, you can't come." Claudette wanted to clench her jaw. She couldn't tell him the truth. That would be foolish. "It's for workers only. I can't have a distraction because-"

"Oh I'm a distraction?" Jin's sadness slowly turned into anger. "Is that what I am now?"

"No, no Jin that's not what I meant-"

"You know Claudette, you've been really different lately." Jin crossed his arms, soft hints of anger in his voice, yet he didn't let his gaze be evil. "We've been trying to spend time with you and you keep pushing us away."

"Because-"

"Because we're distractions." Jin walked out of the bathroom. "Have fun with your advertising."

Claudette stared at herself in the mirror.

'Damnit.'

Claudette looked to her side, the corner of the room where her dogs usually waited. Except they weren't here today. Ana got ahold of a hairbrush and chewed on it. That led to a hairdresser claiming that Ana attacked her which led to K banning Claudette from bringing Eliot and Ana.

She really missed them.

Claudette looked to her right, Layla staring up at her with concerned eyes.

"Claudette-"

"Coming."

---

"What are you doing here?" Hoseok asked as he walked into the dance practice room. "Weren't you supposed to be out with Clauds?"