Chapter 36: Bible Black

A/N: Happy Easter to all my loyal readers! -Tim

The next night seemed to be alright after the little spat with Steven, which gave you enough time to relax and try not to overexert whatever energy you had left. Steven's outburst had drained your energy. And what kept you from restoring your energy completely had made you considerably weaker. You could barely stop time for almost a second, your portals now have a very short range, among other things. 

The boys were already in bed and You and Chloe were laying down and relaxing. The thing was you couldn't shake off what Garnet said the night before, how this can affect your peaceful life and your ties with the people that you care dearly. It just didn't feel possible, it didn't feel right at all considering the situation you were brought into felt like you were obligated to do this; not because you promised Garnet, but because you wanted to help a friend- or at least act like it.

As you kept tossing and turning, Chloe woke up and yawned.

Chloe: "Still can't sleep?"

Y/N: "*Sighs* Yeah..."

Chloe: "*Sits up* I can imagine how crazy it was that Steven overpowered you like that."

Y/N: "Tch! He didn't overpower me; He just caught me off guard, that's all."

Chloe: "Not to mention what Garnet did- what makes her so sure that you might be able to fix the future?"

Y/N: "Can't say for sure, but I can't just sit and do nothing about it."

Chloe: "I'm sure you'll do fine. You're the strongest in the universe."

Y/N: "*Sigh* Yeah... you're right. I just hope Red will be okay once she fully heals, which, hopefully soon."

Chloe: "Miss having voices in your head?"

Y/N: "That too. *Chuckles*"

Chloe: "Must be pretty lonely."

Y/N: "Makes a guy paranoid after a while."

Chloe: "I bet. *Yawns, kisses your cheek* Get some sleep. Okay?"

Y/N: "Aight, good night."

-

The night you spent trying to relax had, for the first time in three years, you actually fell asleep and started to dream. But for some strange reason, it felt real.. It was very weird for you, but you didn't mind. It wasn't so different than sleeping while alive, just suddenly became a bit stiff. It was almost unbearable not being able to move, like someone was sitting on your chest. As soon as you felt a prolonging and sharp pain coming from your neck, you woke up screaming, except there was no voice crying out; your mouth was sealed shut and your gem was missing. Your whole body from the torso down had turned to stone as time was stopped.

Y|N: (What the hell?) You tried looking around the room with the corner of your eyes to try to access what was happening to you. You couldn't move your eyes much, but you didn't need to see; you felt your blood drain out of you as you heard a moan coming from your left side. You looked again to see a spade tail, and as you looked further up to see a glitching figure sitting up and straddling you. Her scarred body was red with tribal markings, her hands and most of her forearms were worn with dark, studded, leather-like forearm-length gloves, mirrored in style by a garter belt-like band at her waist that matched her new formed uniform with ankle-height footwear. Her thumbs are additionally bandaged in black. Her horns protruded and molded itself, almost making a crown shaped like cat ears. (Red?)