Chapter 6 Part 4: "Two sides"

The Pep-Kola Centre, one of the biggest event arenas in the city.

It surprised you to think that you'd be able to make it to the big leagues with the help of Mickey, considering the fact that you've only been barely able to do A-Classed street fights much less S-Classed. But then again, the last fight that you lost was S-Classed, but back then you lost more than just that...

No matter!

All three of you go in through the center's back door, the underground; where the fighters were either shaking hands or sizing each other up.

Mickey: "Ya got almost ten minutes before you gotta get out there, the locker room should be down the hall to the left. We'll be waiting on ya, kid."

-

In the locker room, you have already gotten your gear on; which was some high-quality shorts, a tank top, some thick bicep bands and hand wraps and biker gloves to cover them.

As you do the finishing touches, you look in the mirror and start to smile.

That smile fades and you look down when you hear familiar footsteps from the shadows. The little giggle that couldn't be held back.

?: "I can't believe you're actually here."

You look in the mirror, and hey, there she is. The woman you thought you knew, wearing a long red hoodie, flannel skirt, fishnet leggings, and black boots. When you dated her, she would always dye her hair every year. From red to green, and now from green to black with blue highlights. The dark circles that she had under her eyes were new.

 The dark circles that she had under her eyes were new

Y/N: "Chloe."

Chloe: "Oh, you remember me? It makes me happy."

You turn around, and she's too close for comfort. After you backed yourself to the wall, she placed a hand on your chest, caressing your abs as she purred.

Chloe: "You got toned. It must've been lonely having to train by yourself."

She moved her hand back up by your heart. Immediately, her nails dig in. You wince in pain. "Did you miss me, Kal?"

You grabbed her by the shoulders, pushed her against a locker then raised her up to your eye level.

Chloe: "Easy there, big boy.*coughs some blood* I'm tender..."

You gently set her down then looked away.

Chloe: "Why so serious?"

Y/N: "You know I don't like using that name outside of the ring."

Chloe *Stands up, wipes off blood from her mouth*: "I don't care. At least you don't have to worry about the past you left behind."

Y/N: "Oh? And leaving me for some rich pretty-boy while I was comatose in a hospital worried you?"

Chloe: "I didn't leave you for Kevin! He took me away when I needed you the most. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't find my taser... Eventually he gave me off to his older brother Chad, and that's when things got out of control..."

Y/N: "Chad...Where have I heard that name before?"

Chloe: "The White Knight."

Y/N: "The guy that gave me a couple broken ribs and a concussion?"

Chloe: "A couple!? Try every bone in your body! All of your organs were crushed, the doctors said that you didn't have that much longer to live!"

Y/N: "Whatever- Wait. Is that why you wanted my help? So you don't have to date this guy anymore?"

Chloe: "I have my reasons, Kal. He's just... not as good as you. You treated me right. And in all honesty, I've missed the days that we were together. *Places hand on back* Please, take me back."

Y/N: "Good grief... *turns around* You had your chance with me. Whatever was between us died along with my feelings for you. What happened to that "free spirit" jive that you had before? Did you seriously think that I'd help you after the shit that you pulled? Show some dignity! I'm sorry, but you're on your own-"

Chloe: *Pins you against the wall* "Please, Kal. You're my only hope! I've been in constant hell for a month because of my you at least help me this once?! *Falls to her knees and starts coughing blood again*"

Y/N: "*Sigh* Fine." You open your bag and take out the taser. "You left this at the house." You handed it over to her. "I'll leave you alone now."

Chloe: "Thanks, I guess."

You close your duffel bag and placed it in the locker, slicked your hair back then walked out the door. Jasper was waiting at the door.

Jasper: "So that was Chloe."

Y/N: "I don't wanna talk about it."

Jasper: "Whatever."

Y/N: "She looked a lot worse than I remembered her."

Jasper: "I just hope you made the right decision giving her that taser."

Y/N: "I ain't gonna fight her battles. If Chad really is what she said he was, she needs to stand up for herself. Besides, I'm sure there are two sides to this."

You could hear the crowd going wild as music started to play, getting them hyped to watch the brutal fighting that was going to be unleashed. The only problem was it felt too relatable, like it was poorly timed.

You knew the lyrics all too well from that song.

-

Meanwhile, in the locker room, Chloe looked into the mirror as she held the taser out. She placed it in her pocket and then started to unzip her hoodie.

Ghostemane: "I let you pin me against the wall again."

You kept walking with Jasper as she looked on forwards. You placed your hand over the scratch mark that Chloe gave you.

Y/N: "Stuck in your grip on my chest."

As the zipper inched closer to her chest, she looks at a mysterious pendant that she hung on her neck.

Chloe: "The only pain is when I breathe."

You start to wipe off the blood that dried out.

Y/N: "As you sink your claws into me."

The zipper goes down further.

Chloe: "Don't you worry~"

Y/N: "Don't you worry~"

Chloe: "It only hurts me when I breathe."

Chloe finished unzipping her hoodie; she was wearing only a sports bra, but the open wounds, scars and fresh bruises that blemished her once beautiful skin showed it all. Tears started to fall from her.

As the song ends, the door opens suddenly. Chloe wiped her tears away and forced a smile.

Chloe: "Chad! I didn't mean to take too long-" Chad grabs her by the wrist and starts dragging her with him. "Look, I'm sorry-"

Chad: "Shut your whore mouth. I don't want to hear it."