Chapter 16: Memory Haunt

A good while happened before things were getting better; Jasper stopped getting mad at you for healing her, so all's well that ends well on that end. But what happened was before you walked onto the warp-pad.

Garnet: "You know. If you want to train with me, I can train you. But that's only... if you want."

Y/N: "Wait, really? You really mean that?"

Garnet: "Every word." She gave out a small smirk as she raised her visors.

You rushed up towards her, immediately stopped and bowed.

Y/N: "Thank you so much! This is more than what I wanted."

Garnet: "You're welcome."

And so, that's where this chapter begins.

-

You're packing up your training uniform and was about to head out the door until you saw Chloe sitting on the couch in a depressed mood.

Y/N: "You doing alright?"
Chloe: "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just bored."

She's been binge-watching Jojo parts 1-5. A thought popped into your head.

Y/N: (Maybe if I let her tag along, she might be able to feel better.) "Hey, uh... I was thinking... Do you wanna come with?"
Chloe: "Where are you going?"
Y/N: "I'm gonna go train with Garnet. I thought maybe you can come with me and train."
Chloe: "You sure you want to train with a Crystal Gem? Jasper wouldn't be so happy about this."
Y/N: "Don't worry, I'm tryna make allies with the Gems. Maybe then, Jasper won't be enemies with them anymore."

Chloe: "A bit more easier said than done, don'tcha think?"

Y/N: "It'll be fine. Don't worry."

Chloe: "Alright, fine. I'll come with, just let me put on some good clothes."

-

You arrive from the warp-pad with Chloe into a house. The inside looks big. It was full of furniture from the first floor to the second where there was a bed with a small TV hooked up with an old gaming console in front of it. Across from it was a small kitchen. And behind you was a wall that had a stone door with a star patterned with different gems.

Y/N: "So this is the Temple."
Chloe: "You sure we can come here? I don't wanna intrude in someone's house."

Y/N: "It's fine. I wouldn't be here if Garnet didn't tell me to come."

Chloe: "Okay... It feels a bit boring here."
Y/N: "It is a little bit. There's nobody here." You both step off of the warp-pad and immediately watch the stone door open with the red and blue gems glowing. "Nevermind." You soon immediately see Garnet come out of the room. "Hey, Garnet."

Garnet: "Y/N. I was expecting you."
Y/N: "That's funny. *Looks at Chloe and whispers in her ear* Future vision joke."

Garnet: "I see you brought your friend along with you."
Y/N: "I hope you don't mind, I wanted her to train with me."

Garnet: "That's fine."

Y/N: "Okay. So, shall we get started?"

Garnet: "Indeed."

-

Sky Arena

All three of you arrive at a coliseum that was floating in the sky.

Y/N: "Whoa. So this is the place we'll be training in?"
Chloe: "This place is so ancient! So cool!"

Garnet: "This place has been here since during the war."