Chapter 29: Fixed holes and New days

The day after all of that, you're laying in bed. All of what happened yesterday came by so fast, yet in the end it was good. You honestly didn't want to leave the bed. That was the idea until Chloe kept bothering you.

Chloe: "Babe... Babe... BABE!"

Y/N: "*Sigh* What?"

Chloe: "Mind taking me to my Dr's appointment?"
Y/N: "Can't you just do that yourself?"
Chloe: "You're the one with the portal, and I don't think I'd want to drive all the way to Beach City."

Y/N: "Which doctor are you going to?"
Chloe: "Dr. Maheshwaran, why?"

Y/N: "*Sigh* Let me get my pants on."

-

You made a portal outside of the Hospital in Beach City. Of course Chloe wanted you to accompany her, so you went in.

As Chloe started to fill out forms in the waiting room, you noticed a lot of people were staring at you. Some were from curious people, others were judging the way you look. It's nothing you haven't gone through before, but it started to annoy you. A nurse walked in.

Nurse: "Chloe?"

Chloe: "That's me. *Stands up, Looks at you* Wanna come with?"

Y/N: "*Stands up* Thought you'd never ask."

-

You followed Chloe and the Nurse through the hospital hallways until you finally entered into a Doctors office.

Nurse: "The Doctor will be with you shortly."

Chloe: "Thank you."

The nurse smiled before closing the door.

Y/N: "Geez, it's been a while since I've gone to this place."

Chloe: "Yeah, I bet so. At least this time it's not the ICU..."

Y/N: "Yeah, almost a year has passed since that day. But hey, everything's fine now. We don't have to worry about Chad anymore."

Chloe: "Yeah, I'm glad that happened, but that's not what I meant."

Y/N: "What, then?"

Chloe: "Nothing. *Hugs your arm* I'm just glad to still have you, that's all."

Y/N: "Oh, okay."

-

Another short while had passed, and although it was just you and Chloe. You really felt uncomfortable having to sit in a small office, even looking at the specimen jars at the counter started to creep you out. Although it wasn't the first time you've been to this hospital, it still felt the same; silent in one second, eerie in another. The first time you went to the hospital was when you were 10, as you were brutally injured yet still standing after going on the rampage that destroyed the Suit Mafia. You remember falling unconscious, then waking up in the hospital (although you didn't call it that at first).

-

The office door opened as the Doctor showed up. As long as you remember, Dr. Maheshwaran always looked like a busy woman. Although it did make sense, considering she is the only doctor that knew what she was doing.

Doc: "*Staring at the files* Ms. Valentine, it's good to see you again... *Looks up, Sees you.* Kal?"

Y/N: "*Waves* Hey, Doc. It's been a while."

Doc: "*Sighs, pinches nose* I'm not going to ask."
Y/N: "That's fine. It'd be pretty difficult to explain anyway. *Hand on back of head, chuckling nervously*"