Chapter 27: The Gem On The Moon; Perception/ Files Not Found

The portal you made led you to the Moon in front of the Barn as you wore your mask.

Y/N: (It's so hard to believe that she's been here this whole time. (Indeed, this is really interesting.) Why would she be here of all places? I would've thought she'd leave to another sector. (Your guess is as good as mine, Corpse.) In any case, I still need to find a way to bring her back. I'm tired of seeing Peridot being so depressed. I'm glad Chloe's helping. (Do all humans grow their stomachs?) Huh? (Because only her midsection and her chest grew a few sizes. That, and she's been vomiting quite a lot.) Yeah, that's usually what happens when women get pregnant. (You humans are weird.) *Chuckles* Unfortunately, I've heard that too many times.)

As you walked on the moon, you looked at the giant pillar known as the Moon Base. You weren't told much about why it was made so long ago, but

apparently it was used as an observatory to survey the Earth from a safe distance while colonization was starting. At least, that's what Red told you.

You kept on walking in the half-gravitized area, you looked at the side to see a giant door. You made a portal inside to see a set of large mosaics of the Diamonds and a large row of stairs spiraling upwards. You heard some familiar humming and a glowing light coming from a room upstairs, so you walked up to see who it was. You didn't bother to walk up the stairs considering the steps were too far apart; probably because it was used for the Diamonds, so you jumped up to the room to find Lapis, kneeling and humming at the orb, projecting the Earth, in the middle of the room.

You smiled a little bit, then after she finished humming, you coughed a little bit, making her jump in surprise before looking to see you.

Lapis: "Kal... *looks away* Why are you here?"

Y/N: "What, a guy can't visit a friend?"

Lapis: "You shouldn't be here... how did you find me?"

Y/N: "I got notified about a 'Weird Structure' near the Moon Base from my Mafia while they were on their space trip around the solar system."

Lapis: "You shouldn't have come here."

Y/N: "What's wrong with me being here?"

Lapis: "*Grits teeth*I'd rather be alone."

Y/N: "So, why did you come here of all places? I thought for sure you'd be in another galaxy by now."

Lapis: "I... got distracted."

Y/N: (Likely story, but let's hear her out, Corpse. Ask her about the observation orb.) "I see, and why are you using that orb?"

Lapis: "Promise you won't judge me?"

Y/N: "Hey, I'm a living corpse with a gem for a heart. You can tell me almost anything and I wouldn't judge."

Lapis gave an irritated sigh as she pressed a button on the hologram to show not only Beach City, but also your home and what's happening on the inside. It showed you and Peridot working on the Marijuana plants, Chloe and Jasper hanging around, among other things that was recorded from the past.

Y/N: "So that's it, you've been using the observation orb to spy on us?"

Lapis: "Well, I wouldn't call it spying, that would just make me look bad."

Y/N: "Meh, it is what it is. But, why though?"

Lapis: "I couldn't stand not knowing what was going on. I'm so terrified of the Diamonds coming to Earth, but I got just outside the Milky Way, and I... felt so lonely."

Y/N: "*Sigh* Of course you did, but there are people on Earth that are worried about you, y'know. Especially P-"

Lapis: "*Stands up*I don't care! *Grabs her other arm*Just leave me alone..."