Chapter 33: Budded Roses

3 PM

Another day, another group of happy gems leaving your gym as you got ready to close up.

Jasper: "That was quite a day. Thanks for letting me come here, Babe."
Y/N: "*Smiles* Yeah, no problem."
Your smile stopped when suddenly, you noticed a giant pink ship headed towards Steven's House.

Jasper: "Isn't that the Human zoo?"
Y/N: "Yeah, it is... What is it doing here?"

-

You and Jasper immediately go through a portal to Steven's conservatory, where Steven was talking through a transmission while Greg and Amethyst watched.

Y/N: "Hey, Steven!"
Steven: "Oh, hey!"

Y/N: "Why's the Human zoo here?"

?: "And who's this, Ste-van?"
You look up to see a hippie wearing a toga and an innocent smile.

Steven: "Y-6, this is Kal. He's the guy that helped me get to the Zoo."

Jasper: *Rolls eyes*

Y/N: "Hey. My Wife helped too, y'know."

Jasper: "That's okay, Babe. *Mumbles* Ungrateful Bastard."

Greg: "Wow. I haven't seen y'all since the Choosening."

Y-6: "You mean since you didn't choose us?" You noticed a female looking over Y-6's shoulder with a saddened look at Greg before walking away. "Don't you have some sound discs to listen to in your wheeled conveyance?" Translated to : Don't you have some CDs to listen to in your Van?

Greg: "Y-yes, I do..." He immediately backed away slowly as Y-6 glared at him with a pouty face.

Y-6: "*Smiles* Now that he is gone, we'd love it if you came by for a visit."
Steven: "Sure thing. I-Is it ok if Amethyst and the others come by to say hi to the Famethyst?"

Y-6: "As long as they are not Ga-reg, they're welcome.

Y/N: "Sounds good to me. *Looks at Jasper* How about you?"
Jasper: "Meh, sure."

-

You all enter the Human zoo, which has gone through a huge overhaul as both the gems and the zoo humans are having fun and relaxing by a large watering hole. You've never seen the inside before, you've only been in the outdoor facilities. So this was all new to you.

Y/N: "Wow. Never thought paradise looked so beautiful. It's almost like heaven."

Jasper: "Didn't you go to heaven when you died?"
Y/N: "Nope. I was sent straight to hell."

Jasper: "What was it like?"
Y/N: "Boring."

Y-6: "Ste-van, welcome to our ca-ruise!"

Steven: "Y-6, it's so different here!"

Y-6: "Humans have control of the ship now, while the Amethysts laze about like delinquents all day. Did I say that right, Holly Blue?"

You looked over to see the Holly Blue Agate, with the same attitude as last time. She does try to keep things in order, but fails miserably. You actually snickered a bit as an Amethyst placed a crown of flowers on her head.
She sighed as she started to rant as you and Steven walked up to Holly.

Steven: "Hey, Holly!"
Holly: "Steven?!" She immediately stood up in attention with a Diamond salute awkwardly before she looked at you.

Y/N: "Hello, Holly."

Holly: "Red!?" She blushed before running away embarrassed.

Steven: "Bye, Holly!"

The group of Amethysts laughed.