Chapter 42: Back In Business

Yellow's Workshop was packed full of gem shards as Yellow fixed them up and brought them back. There were a lot of gems that were rejected but they were happy to be revived regardless. It was weird seeing Yellow doing this as a hobby, but it wasn't your place to talk about it.

Yellow: "Glad to see you come by. I'm just about done with the finishing touches to your Court."

Y|N: "There's so many! I didn't think you'd give me so much."

Yellow: "*Smiles* Anything for you, Kal." As the last soldier reformed, every Gem looked at you very shyly. "*Claps hands* Listen well, Everyone! You have all been brought back from your shattered existence by the request of my subordinate, Mr. DeLuka; you will be in his care from this day forth. You will no longer be living within Homeworld standards, instead you will live free lives on his Home Planet and serve in his Court. And do not be discouraged to ask any questions. All will be answered."

The Gems soon looked at each other confused; you knew that facing change takes baby steps, but you gotta run before you can walk.

A Red gem walked forward and spoke up.

?: "*Salutes* I don't mean to be rude, My Diamond. But do you really think we'll serve under some Off-Color?"

The other gems nodded in agreement.

Yellow: "He may not be Like a Diamond, but his value is more important to me than my own gem and I treat him as such. He is Era Three's Guardian of the Galaxy, and I expect great things from you all."

The gems murmured.

?: "Era Three?!"

???: "Guardian?!"

A Black an White Gem stood out and huffed.

??: "First you shatter us and now you expect us to believe that some half-pint freak is even worth the living space to be some Hero?"

Y|N: "She never said I was a Hero; and even if she did, I'm anything but."

Yellow: "Kal?"

Y|N: "I'll take it from here, Yellow." You immediately heard the crowd gasp in shock and you started to hear murmuring. "Aw, shaddup! I know it's off-colored for anybody not to call Yellow "My Diamond" anymore, but since the emergence of Era 3, things have gotten a lot different." You made a portal down to the Gems level and walked to a Red Gem. "And who might you be?"

?: "*Blushes, looks away* R-Red Beryl..."

Y|N: "*Smiles* Pleasure to meet you." You then walked toward the black and white gem that towered a couple feet over you. "And who might you be?"

??: "*Tsk!* What's it to ya?"

Y|N: "I'm just making conversation here."

??: "Shame. I only talk with my Fists!"

She then leaned over with a barrage, but as the crowd looked in shock to see Red forming out of your gem and Blocking every single punch at once with just her pinky before pushing the giant gem back. The gem summoned a pair of spiked knuckles onto her fists as Red soon summoned her Katanas. With one swipe, the knuckles soon became diced into pieces before disappearing and the gem soon fell to her knees. She was paralyzed with fear. The gems that witnessed the fight that only lasted two seconds soon had their interests piqued.

Y|N: "*Mumbles to self* Now that Red has their attention. *Ahem!* It's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Kalvin Y|N DeLuka, I'm a former Human reborn as a Gem Hybrid. While we get the chance to know each other better, you can call me Kal or Y|N. However, while we're doing Business, you will call me Boss." Red soon stood tall holding her Katanas out crossed like an X. "This is Red; she's got my back. She could dice you all in pieces with one sword swipe, just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting her angry, her katanas can trap the cores of their victims. She's my source of power and who's been keeping me alive for the past two years. We are both connected to each other in a way."