Chapter 3: Wrong Footing

You look up in awe as you see the giant woman coming back into her original form. She stretched out for a second then groaned.

?: "Ugh, so that's what it feels like to be destabilized?" She then looks down at you, looking sheepish.

Y/N: "O-oh, Hi!" She gives a low growl then looks away in disgust. You stand up to try to introduce yourself. "Looks like we've stepped on the wrong foot there."

?: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Y/N: "I-I mean that we seem to not have properly met. I'm Y/N: the guy whose house you broke into last night." She ignores you for a second.

?: "Wow, time passes slow on this miserable planet."

Y/N: "And you are...?"

?: "I'm not talking to you."

Y/N: "Well, maybe you'd like to talk to this little guy?" You take the taser out of your pant pocket and primed it. "You both seem to be quite acquainted with each other when you two first met." The woman glared at you.

?: "How did a human like yourself get a hold of a gem-destabilizer?"

Y/N: "Only I am asking the questions. FIrst off, who and what are you? And lastly, is there a reason why you broke into my house?" The woman growled again, but this time she sighed afterwards.

?: "My name is Jasper. I am a quartz soldier made to serve the Great Diamond Authority. And for the record, I did not "break into" this house. I was merely launched into this direction."

Y/N: "Launched?"

Jasper: "Yeah, it's a long story..."

Y/N: "So? I got all night to waste. You can tell me, Right?"

*Time Skip (Story Time Edition)*

A story was told to you about how Jasper was assigned to escort a Peridot for a status report on a giant geo-weapon that one of her superiors had prepared a long time ago. She was accompanied by a Lapis Lazuli, she was used as an informant. During the mission, she came across a small group of rebels and a boy that had the same gemstone as the rebel leader Rose Quartz. Jasper had captured the rebels single handedly and planned on taking the boy to her superiors in homeworld, only to be defeated by a fusion made by two different gems. Guess you weren't the first one. Jasper ranted about fusion being a cheap tactic, but came back to telling the story.
After the rebels crashed their ship, Jasper decided to fuse with Lapis; she succeeded but at the cost of getting imprisoned with her at the bottom of the ocean. Talk about insult to injury. Apparently the Lapis that she fused with was a prisoner trapped in a mirror on earth by the rebels. She seemed to have a liking towards the Rose Quartz boy because he freed her. After months on end being imprisoned by Lapis; Jasper finally gained control, only to be confronted by three rebels. Jasper called them as, and I paraphrase, the " Fusion", the "Deformed Amethyst", and the "Off-colored Pearl". After the rebels fused, her fusion "Malachite" and them fought. After a while Malachite thought she had the upper hand of the battle, only to be forcefully unfused. She was unconscious for a while.

A couple weeks pass, and Jasper found Lapis again. Only this time, she was hanging around with the Rose Quartz boy. She fell to her knees and begged Lapis to fuse with her again, only for her to be rejected. Jasper blamed Lapis' change of heart on the boy, so she tried to attack him; only to be uppercutted by Lapis so hard that Jasper saw the curvature of the earth. She had no control of where she was going, so she ended up crashing into your house.

Jasper: "And that's how I got here."

Y/N: "Well, I guess me fighting you didn't help. Sorry about that."
Jasper: "What kind of human uses an oversized stick?"

Y/N: " I did that out of self-defense. I'm Sorry."

Jasper: "Why do you have a gem-destabilizer?"

Y/N: "Oh, we don't call it that."
Jasper: "Well, what do you call it?"

Y/N: "It's called a "Taser". I have no idea what a "gem-destabilizer" is, but I think it's used for the same purpose?"

Jasper: "To incapacitate or subdue criminals."

Y/N: "Yeah. I just don't know why your body exploded when I used it."
Jasper: "Oh, this? This isn't my body, this is merely a physical projection of who I am." She points to her gem. "This is the real me. When my projection gets badly damaged, I'll just recover in my gem."

Y/N: "Oh, so that's why. What happens if your gem gets cracked or broken?"

Jasper: "Oh, that'll never happen to me. But if any gem was to get cracked, they're projection will malfunction. I've heard that it's painful, but not as painful as getting shattered. Or so I've heard."

Y/n: "What happens then?"

Jasper: "If their gem gets shattered, it's over. It would take a long while for a cracked gem to be restored, but not when they're shattered. They're beyond repair to the point that they can't even reform. They're gone forever."

Y/N: "So it's the equivalent of getting killed? Brutal."

Jasper: "Yeah. I'm surprised you didn't shatter me after that."

Well, if you did. This X Reader novel would end too early, now. Wouldn't it?

Y/N: "Well if I did, we wouldn't have met."

Jasper: "Whatever." Jasper started to feel her gem. "What did you do to my gem anyway? It feels so smooth and polished."

Y/N: "Well, it looked dirty when it fell on the floor. So I cleaned it up."

Jasper: "Oh." Jasper looks away and blushes. "Thanks."

Y/N: "Hey, no problem." You sit down on the couch, placed your feet on the coffee table and grabbed the remote to continue watching your show.

Jasper: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "Relaxing. What, you've never done that before?"

Jasper: "Uh, no?"

Y/N: "Wanna try it?" You say as you pat the seat next to you. "It's pretty comfortable."

Jasper sits down awkwardly.

Jasper: "What now?"

Y/N: "Just lay back and enjoy the feeling." Jasper sighed and did what you said.

After a few minutes, you look at Jasper; who looked dazed and confused.

Jasper: "Why does that long-spiky hair guy keep calling him by "Kakarot" instead of what his lackeys call him?"

Y/N: "Raditz is calling Goku by his birth name. His friends call him Goku because that's the name he grew up with on earth."

Jasper: "Weird."

You look at the time and you realize it's ten til 9.

Y/N: "Well, it's time for me to go to bed. Good night." You get off the couch and yawn.

Jasper: "Where are you going?"

Y/N: "To bed. I got work in the morning, so I need to sleep."

Jasper: (What on earth is sleep?) "Oh, okay...?"

You turn the lights off but leave the TV on, Jasper seemed too enthralled by the anime.

"Next time, on Dragon Ball Z!"

You hear before going to bed and sleep.