Chapter 22 Part 3: Subterranean Slam!

You reached one of the containment cells and Topaz opened the door to see Jasper.

Jasper: "Leave me alone... I don't want to talk to you."

Y/N: "Oh? Is that any way to treat your partner?"

Jasper: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "In the flesh, baby!"

You were immediately tackled to the ground as Jasper kissed you multiple times.

Jasper: "I'm so glad you're okay!"

Y/N: "How can I leave the Perfect Gem behind?"

Jasper: "Oh, you're referring to me now?"

Y/N: "You're funny, babe. But, seriously. I wouldn't have been able to escape without the help of Topaz."

Jasper: "Is that so?"Jasper stood up and walked toward Topaz, she looked at Jasper confused until she lent out her hand. Topaz grabbed it and was pulled into a hug. "Thank you."

Topaz: "It's the least I can do. After all, I'm forever in his debt."

Jasper: "Where's Aquamarine?"

Y/N: "The answer's blowing in the wind, baby."

Jasper: "You shattered her? That's good."

Y/N: "Yeah, but enough of that. I'm glad we're back together."

Jasper: "And only this time, we don't have to be doing anything stupid with Steven."

Y/N: "Hey now, take it easy. There's no need to blame him for this mess."

Jasper:" I'm not blaming anyone. I just wish things were back to the way they were."

Y/N: "Well then that's what we'll do. Don't worry, Jasper. I intend to finish this as fast as possible. Hey Topaz, that okay with you too?"

Topaz: "Yes. I believe we should hurry. We don't have that much time left."

Y/N: "We don't? Well then, it seems there's something you're not telling us, isn't there?"

Topaz: "I prefer not to answer that question."

Jasper: "I figured as much. But, you're going to have to tell us at some point."

Topaz: "Hmm."

Y/N: "To be honest, Topaz, we don't completely trust you yet. Remember that."

Topaz: "Of course. Now let's go find Steven."

-

You ran through the corridors and found your way into the subterranean depths of Homeworld's Caverns, with Jasper and Topaz in front and you lagging behind.

Y/N: "Can y'all slow down?! *Panting* I can barely walk, I feel like I'm gonna die again!"

Jasper: "Shit, I'm sorry babe!" She pulled you up and you managed to get a piggyback ride as you continued looking for Steven and his friend.

You three continued on until you stopped to see a crashed palanquin.

Jasper: "That's Blue Diamond's palanquin!"

Y/N: "So that's how he escaped? Clever kid. *Looks down* Babe, put me down for a second."

Jasper: "Alright?"

Jasper set you down and you knelt down and looked at some footprints and started to sniff the air.

Y/N: "These tracks are awfully fresh. *Sniffs* They're not too far!"

Jasper: "Well, what are we waiting for?"

Topaz: "Um... Guys?"

Y/N: "What?" You immediately heard a mechanical whirring as you were brightened by a crimson light.