15: Kindergarten Kid Redux

A couple of days have passed since the whole ordeal happened.

Even though you tried to make light of the situation, Jasper had given you the cold shoulder. You got very worried because she never did that to you ever. Even more so because you never knew that much about the gem in your chest, although with the past telling you otherwise, it was a sign that it was corrupted. How you and Chloe haven't gone corrupt yet made you worry even more. Was that going to happen to you?

You ended up walking around by yourself and using the warp pad to the Beta Kindergarten. This was the only place other than the Great North that you knew where you could go. You remember Mickey talking about a fountain that had magical healing properties somewhere in the European countries, but he never specified. Maybe the next time you see Garnet, you can ask her about it. And by that, maybe sooner than expected as you hear a small commotion coming around the bend.

Y/N: (What's going on here?) You try to concentrate as your ears started to twitch, you noticed there were five people, three trying to fight a corrupted gem, while the other two stood idly by. (The Crystal Gems? They're probably here to clean up the mess that Jasper and I made. Hmm, maybe I could try and help them. Then I could get a favor in return, like where the fountain water is!) Before you could do anything, you heard a familiar voice.

Garnet: "There is no point hiding, Y/N. Come out."

Y/N: (Aw, shit.) "Well, isn't this a surprise?" You leave the spot you were hiding from and walked toward them with your hands up. "Hey Garnet, It's been a while." You immediately get surrounded by Amethyst and Pearl, holding their weapons as if to say you weren't welcome there. They're not wrong for doing so, but it only made you laugh on the inside, making a smug grin as you walk past them and stepped closer to Garnet; making no moves as you'd expect her to be in her mysteriously calming aura that you were feeling. You stand right in front of her, almost a foot away, considering you were close to her level of vision, missing by a mere inch. The other Crystal Gems stood there dumbfounded while the Boy and the Peridot stood there in fear. "It's great to see you again. I see your gauntlets have been fixed since the last time we fought."

Garnet: "I see you realized you have a corrupted gem in your chest."

Y/N: "I mean, I learnt that the hard way. But it wasn't a total loss on my end, considering I had to thank the kid *Sticks out thumb in the boy's direction* for healing my Jasper. So, for now. I don't feel like fighting you all, considering my disposition and I owe him a favor."

Garnet: "And in giving the favor, you want something in return?"

Y/N: "Exactly!"

Pearl: "Um, Garnet. Can we have a word with you?"

-

You stood twenty feet away from the group as they huddled up and discussed behind your back. Your ears start to twitch as you hear the whole conversation.

Pearl: "Garnet, you're not planning on letting Kal help us are you? You know we can't trust him! We were lucky enough to survive the last time we faced Kal!"

Amethyst: "Yeah, Garnet. What makes you think he's gotten any better? I know you're tryna make allies with him, but with all this going on, who knows what ulterior motives he's planning!"

Garnet: "That doesn't matter. What matters now is that he's willing to be of some use to us."

Steven: "Uh, guys? What did he mean by the last time? How do you all know him?"

Pearl: "Should we tell him?"
Garnet: "Might as well."

Amethyst: "Basically, what happened was... Me and Peridot saw the tournament and found him with Jasper as he fought his rival."