Chapter 20: Space Oddities

A couple of weeks had passed since that whole ordeal, but it wasn't that big of a deal in the end. You were happy. And that happiness turned into confusion when Garnet showed up at your front door. And this is how the story started.

Garnet: "I need a favor from you."

Y/N: "Alright, what do you need me to do? Another gem hunt?"

Garnet: "We need Jasper."

Y/N: "Wait, what?"

-

In the warp-pad you and Jasper were given the rundown of what happened from this morning to right now.

Jasper: "So let me get this straight: Steven found the whereabouts of Pink Diamond's palanquin, took his father to see it from his dream, and immediately got found out by Blue Diamond and taken away?"

Y/N: "Good freakin' grief, how irresponsible. And you even warned him about going there. So what does that have to do with Jasper? Why do you need her?"
Garnet: "We need her to pilot the roaming eye that the rubies had before we... took care of them."

Jasper: "You're joking."

Garnet: "They were sent off into the depths of space. We had no choice. We didn't exactly trust you back then, and that was after the fight in the Beta Kindergarten."
Jasper: "Fair enough. *Sigh* They may have been my squad, but they sure was as dumb as a bag of bricks. So where exactly did Blue Diamond take him?"
Garnet: "If our theory is correct, then he should be in Pink Diamond's Human Zoo."

Y/N: "A what?"

-

You leave the warp-pad and headed towards the barn where Peridot was working on a red ship that looked like a snow cone with a yellow triangle.

Y/N: "I take it, that's the roaming eye? Looks a lot smaller than I imagined."

Jasper: "Looks can be deceiving, it has the capacity to carry a Diamond if needed."

Y/N: "Okay. Cool."

Peridot: "Well, everything should be in top notch. All I had to do was change the Pulsar Trackers into Tracker Pulsars."

Garnet: "Would that be able to keep Steven safe?"

Peridot: "He should be fine. But, I think I should go in and change the system preferences the Rubies set. How do you feel about green lights instead of red?"

Steven: "There's no time for that!"

Pearl: "So, if I input the coordinates, it will take us right there?"

Peridot: "It's a little more complicated than that. These aren't your Era 1 light kites. You're gonna be pretty much bending reality if you turn on the gravity engine. Come to think of it, I should really change the Ruby preferences on that, too."

Y/N: "Gravity engine?"

Jasper: "Basically, it's ludicrous speed."

Y/N: "Ohh, like in Spaceballs!"

Jasper: "Huh?"
Y/N: "It's a funny rip off of a good movie, I'm gonna have to show you it when we get back."

Jasper: "Whatever, let's just get this over with."

-

You leave earth in awe as Jasper piloted the ship.

Y/N: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. What a bunch of bull."