Chapter 17: Jasper's World

A/N: This will be from when Y/N was at the Kindergarten and before Y/N was training with Chloe.

The majority of this will be in Jasper's point-of-view. As you can see from the past few chapters, I'm getting bored saying shit in the 2rd person. Doing it in 1st person feels somewhat different, but more... comfortable in a way.

Jasper's POV

It's only been a couple of days since my fight with that runt Amethyst. I almost became something that I was using, I almost became corrupted. And for what? To prove that I'm stronger. What do I have to prove?!

I've been mad at Y/N for letting Rose Quartz heal me. He had no right to do that, but he was just trying to help. He didn't pay that much attention to me because of that; I really don't know how humans function other than by their internal and sexual organs. They have so many personalities! It gets really confusing sometimes.

I've been watching a different type of anime with Chloe. I really didn't care much about it, but she seemed a bit lonely. Y/N left off to do... whatever humans do to take their mind off of some things.

I heard a knock on the door, but Chloe didn't want to move and check who it was so I had to check it myself, only to see one of Y/N's friends. I forgot what his name was, but he was bulkier than the other one.

Roy: "Hey, Jasper. It's been a while." I gave nothing but a stare at him. "You probably don't remember me, but I'm Roy." Chloe immediately jumped off of the couch and stood by the doorway,

Chloe: "Hey, Roy! I wasn't expecting you."

Roy: "Yeah, I was just driving along. Wanted to see how y'all and Y/N are doing. Speaking of which, where is he?"
Chloe: "Oh, he went out for a walk just a while ago. You just missed him."

Roy: "Well, shit. That sucks."
Chloe: "Yeah..."

Roy: "I was thinking of letting Y/N ride along with me while I was on duty, but I guess that could wait for another day, I suppose."

Chloe: "Oh! I know! Why don't you bring Jasper along with you?"
Jasper: "Eh? EH?!"

Chloe: "Yeah! It'll be fun! Trust me, you'll enjoy being outside and hanging out with people."

Jasper: "*Sigh Fine."

Chloe: "Sweet! *Pushes me out of the door* See ya later!* Slams door."

Roy: "Shall we get on going, then?"

Jasper: "*Sigh*"

-

I ended up sitting in what Roy called a "Police Cruiser" and having to shapeshift to fit in. There was a lot of trash piled on, but what am I to judge?

Roy: "Sorry if the inside looks like a pigsty. I haven't been able to clean up for a while."

Jasper: "I honestly don't care. Let's just get this over with."

Roy: "Okay. Let's head up to the station. I need to get some equipment to start the day. Because, trust me, it's gonna be a long one."

-

I walked into this tall building which had nothing but humans in uniform sitting around with some kind of small TVs on tables. Some were talking on corded devices that they talked into, others were just talking next to a machine drinking and eating some flat, thick ring-like objects.

Roy: "Here's my desk, make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back."

I sat down on a chair and just waited.

Very often I would hear the humans take glances at me and making remarks.

?: "Holy shit, look at that fine piece of ass!"