Chapter 14: Kindergarten Fusion and Near Corruption

A couple of days have passed since Jasper left to the Beta Kindergarten and haven't returned since.

You're getting ready to find out why Jasper hasn't come back and was close to stepping onto the warp pad until Chloe called out to you.

Chloe: "Y/N, wait! Let me come with you!"

Y/N: "You sure you want to? It can be a bit dangerous for someone like you."
Chloe: "Don't worry. If anything happens, you'll protect me. Right?"

Y/N: "*Sigh* You know I will. Fine, you can come with. But you better stay close with me. *She hugs you tightly* Okay, not that close. But close enough."

-

You reach the Beta Kindergarten carrying Chloe in your arms. You set her down and she was very surprised at the place.

Chloe: "Wow, so this is where you've been working all this time."

Y/N: "Yeah. Don't expect much, this place is now more of a corrupted gem zoo than an actual Kindergarten once we finished up."

Chloe: "I wanna see Jasper's hole!"

Y/N: "I bet you do."
Chloe: "*Punches you in the arm* You ass, I didn't mean it like that~."

Y/N: "Heh, heh. Yeah, It should be right about... *Finds it* Here."

Chloe: "Whoa, that is so badass!"

Y/N: "Yeah, I thought that too."

Out of nowhere you hear a huge crashing sound coming from the other side of the Kindergarten.

Chloe: "That didn't sound good."

Y/N: "No, it doesn't. Stay by me, we might not be alone."

-

You both run towards the noise to see a wrecked injector that had fallen from the walls of the Kindergarten and a grey, three-handed fusion that appeared out from the smoke stretching.

Jasper: "What are you supposed to be!"

Y/N: "*Whispers to Chloe* Aw shit, here we go again."

?: "Forget about your name! You've got a fight to win!"

You hear a whiny voice coming from behind the fusion. It was a short and green gem with tinted visors.

Y/N: (That must be the Peridot.)

Smoky Quartz: "I think a Rose Quartz, and an Amethyst.. Makes a...*The fusion had made a giant yo-yo with a shield and a whip* Smoky Quartz."

Y/N: (Rose Quartz?! That must mean-!)

Jasper: "Is fusion the only trick you Crystal Gems know?!"

Smoky: " I got plenty of tricks. Ever see 'Sink the Dink'?"

The fusion lands a few attacks at Jasper with the yo-yo, effectively knocking her backwards. The peridot laughed joyfully as she climbed up a cliff. You could see Jasper getting ready to attack as she growled at the fusion angrily.

Y/N: "Chloe, we better move."

Chloe: "What, why?"

Jasper rushes in with a charged spin-dash. You pulled Chloe closer to you as you jumped to a higher ground.

Y/N: "Stay here, I'll be back." You suddenly hear a crashing sound, followed by the sound of metal falling. You look down to see every corrupted gem running away. (Dammit! All of our work!)

Jasper: "My army!"

You summoned your mask then hear more laughter coming from the Peridot.

Peridot: "HA! Take that, then take this!"