Chapter 28 Part 1: Dead Cat In A Bag/ Break Up-Corruption

The day after left you with a migraine after the drama from the night before, not to mention what happened at the Moon base. You couldn't believe what had happened; was the truth there all along, or did Pearl erase the data? It pissed you off that you didn't know the answer, It pissed you off more that you might have to find out.

The option you're taking right now is not getting out of bed. You kept thinking about why Pearl would delete something that would've solved what really happened. What truth was she trying to hide? The thoughts kept putting pressure onto your head, so you left the Cabin to smoke a joint.

Y/N: "*Sigh* Good freakin' grief. (There's no point for you to keep doing this.) I'd like to have a cool head before I go out there and question her. (Taking your mind off the situation will not help you.) I don't want to do something that I'd regret, Red. (*Sigh* Alright, fine. Are you at least going to tell Jasper about our findings?) I'd rather not, I don't want her to know about it just yet."

Jasper: "What are you talking about?"
Y/N: "*Jumps* Oh, hey Babe. (Tell her, Corpse. (Fuck off!) If you won't, then I will. (*Sigh* Fine.)) I've actually been wanting to talk to you. Mind sitting with me?"
Jasper: "Sure."

-

It took you some time to explain what happened at the Moon Base, but Jasper just sat there and listened. It was pretty surprising to you, actually. As you finished what you told her, she sighed a little bit and grinned.

Jasper: "So, that's it?"

Y/N: "As far as I know, yes."

Jasper: "Are you planning on asking Pearl?"

Y/N: "I'll get to it, I just don't know how to approach her. I got a migraine, so I'm gonna finish this joint and get on going."

Jasper: "Let me go with you."

Y/N: "*Coughes* Huh?"

Jasper: "I want to know the truth as much as you do. If it has anything to do with my Diamond, I need to be there."
Y/N: "*Sigh* Alright, but... I don't know what's gonna happen."

Jasper: "Don't worry. If it's anything we've dealt with before, I'm sure it'll be fine."

Y/N: "I hope you're right."

-

Steven's House, Early Afternoon

You entered from the warp-pad with Jasper and saw Pearl leaning onto the countertop. She noticed you both coming in, smiled and waved.

Pearl: "Hey, you two. Great to see you. What brings you here?"
Y/N: "Pearl, we need to ask you a couple of questions."
Pearl: "Okay, what do you want to ask?"

Y/N: "*Sigh* Look, I went to the Moon Base and-"

Pearl: "Oh, that's a nice place. Why were you there?"
Y/N: "Well, I found Lapis, for starters. Actually brought her back to earth, so not much. But, what really brought my attention was the Observation orb room."

Pearl: "Oh, really?"
Y/N: "Yes, me and Red were trying to find out what happened at the war-"
Pearl: "Oh! You could've just asked me about it."

Y/N: "*Slightly annoyed* Funny you should say that. About eight months ago, were you at the Moon Base?"
Pearl: "Why, yes. I was with the others trying to find out about the whereabouts of the Cluster."

Y/N: "I see... *Takes out phone, shows video of Pearl entering then leaving the Observation orb room* Any reason why you were in there, Pearl?"

Pearl: "*Visibly sweating* Where did you find that?"
Y/N: "*Clenches fist, knuckles crack, pained grin* We will ask the questions here. The files that held the truth to Pink Diamond's shattering were mysteriously erased. Around that time, Moody Blues also showed me that you were the only person that went into that room. Coincidence? I think not."