Chapter 9: Battle Under The Night Sky Rain

You finally reach your cabin and open the door for Chloe. You were about to go in as well, until Jasper grabbed you by the shoulder.

Y/N: "You alright, babe?"

Jasper: "Something's not right here."
Y/N: "What do you mean...?" You turn your head and see three people standing no farther than twenty feet away. "Oh. Good freakin' grief, what now?"

You got a better look and noticed the key features that Jasper described the crystal gems, a Fusion, a deformed amethyst and an off-colored pearl. The tallest of the group stepped forward with her arms crossed.

Fusion: "Jasper! This is your only warning: either leave the humans and come with us peacefully, *Summons Gauntlets* or we will take you down by force."

Jasper: "Tch. It was only a matter of time until you found me. If you think for one second you're gonna have it your way *Summons helmet*, then you're sorely mistaken!"

Y/N: "Hey, Jas. If you're gonna fight them, at least take this away from the cabin. Please?"

Jasper: "No promises."

Jasper had walked toward the group as the other gems had summoned their weapons and stood ready. A staredown was taking place; the tension was so strong on both sides that a crack of thunder from the distance sparked the ensuing battle. Jasper charged in while the crystal gems scattered and surrounded her. All three of them attacking, almost to the point where Jasper could barely get a few strikes in. You stood there and watched it happen for a few seconds until you decided to run into the house so you could get your fingerless gloves.

Chloe: "Y/N, what's happening outside?!"

Y/N: "The crystal gems have found Jasper and they're fighting. I'm going out there to help her. Don't follow, it's gonna get messy." You ran out the door.

Chloe: "Be careful!"

-

You ran out to the side of the house where Jasper was thrown against the cabin's wall, making a dent as she fell to her knees and her helmet disappeared.

Y/N: "Need help?"

Jasper: "I don't need help. I'm fine on my own."

Y/N: "You sure? Looks like they're taking a lot outta you." You offered your hand and she grabbed it. She stood up and huffed.

Jasper: "This fight doesn't concern you."

Y/N: "It does when they're picking a fight on my turf. Especially with you."

Jasper: "Y/N... This is my fight. Wait in the cabin, this won't take long."

Y/N: "While what? I watch helplessly by the sidelines? I don't think so."

Jasper: "I'm asking you to let me handle this!"

Y/N: "And I'm telling you not a chance. You're my partner. I'm with you no matter what."

Jasper: "I have to do this alone!"

Y/N: "Why won't you just let me help you?!"

Jasper immediately hugs you tight and sighs.

Jasper: "I don't want to lose you again. You died because I didn't react fast enough. It made me feel weak, even more than when my Diamond was shattered."

You hugged her back then stepped back.

Y/N: "It wasn't your fault. If we fight together, you don't have to feel that way anymore."

Jasper: "You really think so?"
Y/N: "I know so."

Jasper: "*Summons helmet* Then get ready. It looks like we've been stalling for too long."