Chapter 6 Part 5: And then it was time...

Mickey was waiting impatiently for you.

Y/N: "Sorry I took so long, Mick."

Mickey: "About damn time, kid! They're about to do the opening ceremony!" Mickey's pushing you toward the entrance.

Y/N: "Alright, alright! Geez."

You walk in to see a full crowd cheering in a riot, you could see that they were rearing to see a good fight.

Thirty-two fighters have been placed into two separate brackets, each bracket holding sixteen of the most brutal fighters in the country alone.

You didn't care much about them being competition, but what rubbed you the wrong way was Chad. That 6'11", steroid-pumped bastard. You look and see Chad walking in, with Chloe dragged behind him. He glances at you and gives you a smug grin.

You said that it wasn't your fight, but you knew what you said was a lie. But for now you get to enjoy the fighting. You're up first.

The first bracket was not as big of a hassle for you at first, you managed to make it to the second round while barely breaking a sweat. You didn't want to use too much energy or show your real strength before the intermission. On the other side of the bracket, Chad gave no mercy. Most of the "fighters" that were there didn't make the second round, they were either on stretchers or in body bags. It made you sick to your stomach, you could tell that Jasper wasn't too pleased watching the massacre either.

The second bracket made you go through a few move set changes, considering the fact that the other fighters were watching you from the sidelines. But it didn't really bother you. You trained for situations like this, Jasper made sure of that.

The third and fourth brackets came to a close with you entering the final battle with... SIGH, guess who?

-

At a barn, in the countryside of Beach City.

A small green gem was watching TV with a purple gem eating a literal tub of popcorn.

Amethyst: "Yo, thanks for letting me watch the final fight at your place, Peri."

Peridot: "I still don't know why you couldn't just watch it at Steven's."

Amethyst: "Because if I did, Pearl would just lecture me about watching 'Violent TV shows'. Like, it makes no sense! We spend the majority of the time on missions fighting corrupted gems, it ain't no different seeing people fighting, really. That, and you got a better signal here."

Commentator #1 "And then it was time..."

Amethyst: "Sweet! It's starting."

Commentator #1: "For Colorado to show its final fight in the Street Fighting Tournament broadcasting live at the Pep-Kola Event Center! I'm your host, Pep-J."

Commentator #2: "And I am Col-J. We'll be commentating this event."

Pep-J: "This will be quite the night to win a hundred thousand dollars."

Col-J: "You bet your sweet bippy it is! Looking out into the roster, there are two fighters that we are looking forward to see fighting face-to-face once again."

Pep-J: "That's right, folks. We're talking about Kal "The Black Knight" DeLuka and his rematch against The White Knight himself, Chad!"

Peridot: "That black knight guy looks kinda cool."

Amethyst: "Yeah, he looks a lot better than the last time I saw him fight. Gotta say, that guy is tough."

-

You stood on the sidelines while the intermission was coming to a close. This was your moment, but you didn't want to give it your all just yet. If he was really what Chloe said he was, you were gonna rip him apart like he did to you. This wasn't for her sake, but for yours. The crowd was roaring as the fight's opening song was about to start.

Mickey: "Remember, kid. Leave the drama outta the ring, this fight will get you more than just money. It'll get you the King of Fighters title! "

Y/N: "Alright, Mick. I get it."

Mickey: "Give it your all, and don't let that Chloe broad get in your way!"

Korn: "ARE YOU READY?!"

-

A/N: Sorry that this part was short, but stay tuned for the ending of the chapter, "Final Fight/Fatal Fury!"