Chapter 34: Old School Hollywood

A/N: "Sorry for taking so long, Y'all! All that work and no play made this guy a dull boy. Hope y'all are safe among these treacherous and desperate times. I'm gonna be helping on edits and the story from now on. I won't let you down! Signed, Tim."

It was a nice summer afternoon in beach city as you and your class were having fun on the Beach playing Volleyball. It was pretty fun watching your students learn the rules of how to play the game, but it was also fun having Pearl referee with some Quartzes. Sure, some gems were getting a bit rough, but it wasn't about winning for you.

Soon, there were gems cracking each other by accident, so Steven had to play doctor at his Beach house.

Soon after taking a short break, Steven came out to the court with a Pink Pearl.

Steven: "Pearl, do you have a minute for me and my friend?"

Pearl: "Hmm? *notices Pink Pearl* ... Sure. Did you come to compete?"

Pink Pearl: "Pardon?"

Y/N: "I don't think she's here for that."

Steven: "Yeah, actually, we came here because we need your help."
Pearl: "Oh? What can I do for you?"
Steven: "So, this is Pearl. She was Mom's- I mean, Pink Diamond's Pearl, too, a long time ago. And, Pearl, you remember Pearl? She was also Pink Diamond's Pearl- Argh, that's too many Pearls! We should probably give you a nickname."

Pink Pearl: "*blushes slightly* A nickname?"
Steven: "*chuckling* Yeah. A nickname, you know?"

Y/N: "Kid, I don't think she gets what you mean."

Pink Pearl: "Oh, no, I know what a nickname is. It's just that it reminds me so much of Pink. She used to give silly little names to everything. *reminiscing over Pink* She was so funny like that."

Y/N: "Okay, then...?"
Pearl: "Looks like someone's still got it bad."

Steven: "How about..?"

Y/N: "*Gets hit by a volleyball* Oi! Watch where you're throwing!"

Angel Aura Quartz: "Sorry, Boss!"
Zebra Jasper: "*Whoops* 🎶 Old School Hollywood, Washed Up Hollywood~!🎶"

Steven: "That's it! How about Hollywood?"
Pink Pearl: "Hollywood? That's so funny. You're just like her."
Y/N: "Eh?"
Steven: "No, no, no. I'm not like... *sighs* Anyway, we're here because of the crack on her face."

Pearl: "Oh... you poor thing. *whispers* It's such a shame what White did to her."

Y/N: "Wait, she did that?"
Steven immediately tensed up, turning pink once more for a mere second, making your eyes instinctively change shape out of shock.

Pearl: "Steven?"

Y/N: (What the hell? I don't do that unless something bad is going to happen! (That is a bit odd, but I don't think things will get bad.) *Sigh* I hope you're right about this, Red. (Don't worry, I know a lot more than you'll ever know, Corpse.))

Soon after, Angel Aura Quartz, slammed Zebra Jasper with a volleyball, making her poof. "Hey! Twenty minutes in the penalty box, Now!"

Angel Aura Quartz: "Tch! Fucking dumb ass rules. You're lucky I didn't crack or shatter her. *Sighs, Sits on a bench outside the court*"

Steven: "It doesn't matter how it happened! What matters is finding a way to fix it. My healing powers didn't work on her. We thought maybe you know what to do."

Y/N: "Holy shit, are you serious? You got the powers of「Gold Experience」and「Crazy Diamond」, but ya can't heal her? You okay, kid?"

Steven: "I don't know, I just feel guilty about this."
Y/N: "Let me have a look." You jumped off the high pedestal and placed your hand under Pink Pearl's chin so you can get a better look from below you. "That's rather odd. It's almost patterned. Let's see if this works." You made a portal to your basement and grabbed a bubble full of healing tears before popping the bubble and letting it release inside her scarred eye. Within a few seconds, it started to heal before cracking even worse than before. "It looks like you ain't just got physical damage, you got some fucked up trauma there."