Chapter 25: "But it was I, RED!"

Two weeks after Kevin's Party and things have been doing alright. Except you, Jasper and Chloe are starting to get a bit annoyed about the fact that Peridot has been taking residence in the bathroom playing soft music on her tablet, mostly the same song played by this Pink Guy named Joji. Because of that, you, Jasper and Chloe had lost sleep and started to sleep outside. Lucky for you, it was still summer so night time wasn't cold.

-

It was a bright morning as you contacted your Mafia using their communication device. It took a short minute, but you finally got a response.

Rutile: "Boss!"

Rhodonite: "Boss!"

Fluorite: "What... a... surprise!"

Padparadscha: "Oh, goodie! The Boss is going to call us real soon!"

Rutile: "What brings you to call us?"

Y/N: "Just wanted to know how y'all are doing."

Fluorite: "We've... been... fine..."

Rutile: "Yes, indeed."

Y/N: "That's good. Uh, listen. I'm going to visit you guys and I'll also

take Steven and his friend along. That sounds alright with you?"

Rutile: "Of course, Boss. A visit from you will be quite a treat."

Rhodonite: "I've sent the coordinates to your inbox, Boss."

Y/N: "Great. I'll see y'all soon! *Turns off device*."

-

You make a portal to Steven's house to see Steven and Connie all ready for the trip.

Y/N: "Morning."

Steven: "Morning, Kal!"

Y/N: "I see y'all are packed up."

Connie: "Yes, Sir! We got everything needed for the trip."

Y/N: "That's good. I already called my Mafia in advance, so they should be excited to see you." You took out the device and looked at the coordinates before making a portal. "Let's go, you two."

-

The portal to the ship that you've called Passione had opened while you and the kids entered. The entire mafia was waiting for your arrival.

Off-colors: "*Stands, salutes* Welcome back, Boss!"

Y/N: "It's great to be back in my ship, guys-!"

Off-colors: "ATTACK HUG!" They immediately dog-pile you.

Y/N: "Geez, guys. I missed you all too. Anything new happened while I was gone?"

Rutile: "Not much. We've been constantly getting tracked down by-"

Transmissions started to show a green gem with an inflated ego laughing.

Emerald: "Well, well, well. Look who it is, the striped freak herself! We meet yet again, Red Demon!"

Y/N: "Do I know you?"

Emerald: "*Ego deflates* Oh, yes you do!"

Topaz: "Like Rutile was trying to say, Emerald has somehow been tracking us since sector four."

Y/N: "Wasn't that fifty sectors ago?"

Rutile: "Evidently, she didn't heed your warning."

Emerald: "Warning?! You destroyed my entire armada!"

Steven: "You did what?!"

Y/N: "I think it significantly justifies threatening the gems of my Mafia, Emerald."