PREGNANCY SERIES; Baby Fever

THIS HEADCANON INVOLVES; Matt Casey, Kelly Severide, Connor Rhodes, Will Halstead, Ethan Choi, Jay Halstead, Kevin Atwater, Mouse, Crockett Marcel Antonio Dawson & Adam Ruzek

A/N: b/n= baby's name. Got a One Chicago request? Send it in! FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED! Makes me want to write more. Want to be added to the tag list or the pregnancy series tag list? Just message me!

JAY HALSTEAD;

Jay knew you had baby fever after all you were a nurse.

You would come home and gush to him about delivering a baby. He could see it in your eyes you wanted one. And that made him slightly nervous.

It's not that he didn't despise babies. He just felt like he would be a horrible dad, or the babies cries would trigger his PTSD.

He couldn't deny it though you looked adorable whenever you gushed over a baby, or he and you were out and saw one.

He felt nervous whenever someone would comment and say that he and you would be great parents.

That didn't stop him from having baby fever either.

Jay thought your baby fever would go away like it always does, eventually.

Unfortunately for Jay, it didn't die down. Especially since a newborn in med got abandoned. You had a soft spot for the baby. Spending most of your breaks or whenever you were free with the baby.

Will definitely didn't help the situation either. Claiming that Jay and you would be great parents. Or teasing his brother, by saying " So, when are you going to knock y/n up?"

So, when Jay came home to find you holding a baby. He was in shock. His heart racing faster. he gulped. He didn't want to arrest his girlfriend for kidnapping a baby.

"Please tell me you didn't steal a baby?" Jay spoke in a shaky voice.

"No, I got Sharon to pull a few strings, so this little one didn't have to spend another night at the hospital, this is the baby I was talking about," You replied. Looking up from the small baby you were holding in your arms, to look at Jay. Smiling at him.

"Aren't there rules against taking a baby from the hospital? I just don't want you to get in trouble and I don't want to arrest my girlfriend," Jay spoke softly. Sitting next to you. Smiling softly at the sleeping baby in your arms.

"I'm not going to get in trouble, I'm going to adopt him," You spoke.

"WHAT?" Jay shouted. Making you give him an annoyed look. The baby shuffled in your arms.

"Sh," You hushed him. Jay stood up. Running his hand through his hair in distress.

"Adopt?" Jay whisper yelled.

"Well, you know what foster homes are like, you don't know what home they go to," You spoke.

"He'll grow on you, in fact, him and you will be best buds, and I will have to fight to gain your attention," You spoke. But Jay was too lost in his thoughts to listen to you...

"So, what happened to the mother?" Jay asked as he took a sip of coffee. Watching you change the baby's nappy.

"Sixteen-year-old, she was a heroin addict, ran away, left her baby at med," You replied. Smiling at the baby, as you did the flaps to the nappy. The baby let out a babble as you cooed at him.

"Guess, for her next fix," Jay grumbled. As you picked the baby up carefully. Cooing at him. Holding him to your side. The baby held onto your shirt.