Stitches | Jay Halstead

❛❛ then I'd like one where reader and Jay are secretly dating, and one day when they're on a date at Jay's she gets a cut on her hand while helping Jay prepare dinner. since Jay knows reader is terrified of hospitals and he doesn't want every person at med to know that they're dating he calls will to treat her wound at home.❜❜-elbxx_

Pairings: Jay Halstead x Fem!Reader

Featuring: Jay Halstead, Y/n (Reader), Will Halstead

Summary: y/n cuts her finger but doesn't want to go to the hospital, so Jay calls his brother.

WARNINGS: cut, injury, whump, knife, blood, errors I missed.

Word Count:1294

A/N: Got a Jay Halstead or CPD request? Send it in! REQUESTS ARE OEPN! FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

Jay wrapped his arms around your waist. Kissing your neck, as you cut the carrots.

"Jay, I'm cutting the carrots," You stated. Trying to focus on cutting the carrots, but Jay was distracting you.

"So, you can multitask," He replied. Looking at you smugly. You turned around to look at him.

Jay pressed his lips against yours passionately. Making you moan into the kiss. Still cutting the carrots, only the knife cut your finger. Making you pull away from Jay's lips.

"Ouch," You yelped out. Eyes filling up with teas. Looking at your finger as blood pooled out of it. Feeling slightly sick at the sight of blood oozing out of your finger. Your stomach-turning. Heart thumping wildly.

"Oh god, I need stitches," You gasped out. Jay grabbed a tea towel. Wrapping it around your finger. Putting pressure on your wound.

"Hey, it's okay," Jay cooed.

"It's not okay, I hate hospitals and I have to get stitches," You gasped out. Jay's other hand cupped the side of your face. Turning your head to look him in his eyes.

"Let me text Will, okay, he can come over here, and take a look at it," Jay spoke. As you nodded your head up and down vigorously.

Jay let go of the side of your face. Taking his mobile phone out of his pocket. Still putting pressure on your finger. As he typed out a message to Will with his other hand. Jay glanced at you seeing you shaking like a leaf. The sound of a messaging pinging made Jay look away from you looking at the screen. 'I'm on my way,'

"He is on his way," Jay spoke. Putting his phone on the counter. Jay turned his attention to you.

"Do you think my finger will have to be amputated off?" You asked voice full of worry. Jay stared at you for a minute, trying his best not to roll his eyes.

"No, at best it will probably need stitches," He responded, not that you listened.

"What if I hit the bone, or cut an artery, oh my god," You gasped out. Slightly feeling faint.

Jay quickly helped you sit on a chair. Kneeling in front of you. Still putting pressure on your cut.

"Y/n, try and breathe," Jay calmly spoke.

"Okay," You choked out. Trying to control your rapid breathing.

Jay breathed in and out, making you copy him. It sort of helped. Till you heard the sound of knocks coming at his door. Your eyes widening in fear.

"Come in," Jay called out. Not leaving your side. Jay's other hand rested on the side of your face. His thumb caressing your cheek.

"Hey guys," Will spoke, as he entered the room. Jay made no attempt to move his eyes still locked on yours.