"I'm tired of waiting for you day after day, " w/ Antonio Dawson 2/2

Prompts: "I never stopped loving you,"+ "I screwed up," + "I choose you, and I'll choose you, over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you," + "I wanted you to fight for me,"

Pairings: Antonio Dawson x Reader

Featuring: Antonio Dawson, Y/n

Summary: Antonio and Y/n get back together,

Warnings: whumps, angst, hospitals, DON'T DO WHAT ANTONIO DID, errors I missed.

w/c: 759

"Nine one-one what's your emergency?" You spoke clearly through the microphone on your headset.

You heard breathing through the other line making you furrow your eyebrows. You quickly looked at the map in front of you. Trying to track where the call was coming from. You pinned pointed where the location of the phone call was coming from.

You were about to speak when you got interrupted.

"I screwed up," a familiar voice spoke. You rolled your eyes as you realized it was Antonio.

"Seriously Antonio, you called nine-one-one, do you know it's illegal to call emergency services if it's not an emergency," You grumbled.

You heard heavy breathing and grunting.

"Wait, it is, I have been shot," Antonio grunted out. you suppressed the urge to roll your eyes. You started to type. Police officer. Shot. Dispatch ambo. You also typed the location as well.

"Where were you shot? On duty off duty?" You asked.

"In the stomach, on duty," Antonio grunted out. you quickly typed. Pressing send.

"Help is on the way. Put pressure on the wound," You spoke. Even though he hurt you, you still cared for him. you were still worried for him.

"C...can you stay on the line?" He asked.

"Yeah," You weakly responded. Antonio let out a heavy breath.

"I never stopped loving you," Antonio gasped out. Making you close your eyes.

"Antonio...." You sighed.

"I was...an...idiot," Antonio gasped out.

"I wanted you to fight for me," You sighed with a heavy heart.

"But you let me go without a fight," You choked out. Tears collecting in your eyes.

"I know..." Antonio coughed out.

"Antonio..." You panicked. Anxiety riddling your body.

"I choose you, and I'll choose you, over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you," Antonio gasped out. Your pulse raced. Tears falling out of your eyes.

"Antonio," You called out but got no response.

You called his name out again but still got no response. The line went dead.

You continued to answer calls, though at the back of your mind you wandered how Antonio was doing if he was alive. You let out a sigh as you entered the break room for your break. Your boss walked in as well.

"Go check on him," Your boss ordered.

"But..." You tried to protest.

"Your no good here if you are worrying, go, he is at lakeshore hospital," Your boss spoke again.

You gave your boss a small smile before running off. grabbing your things and exiting the building.

Unlocking your car. You got in. dumping your stuff on the front seat. You put the keys in the ignition. Turning the car on. Putting the hand brake down. You put the car in reverse. Reversing out of the car park. You put the car into drive. Pressing the accelerator. Driving out of the staff parking lot. Worrying about Antonio. You kept driving till you reached Lakeshore hospital.

Parking your car. Putting your car in park. You put the handbrake up. Turning the car off. Taking out the keys from the ignition. Getting out of your car. Shutting the door and locking your car. Rushing into Lakeshore hospital.

A middle-aged nurse at the nurse's station looked up as you approached her.

"I'm looking for Antonio Dawson, he came in with a gunshot wound," You asked. Nerves were running through your body.

The nurse told you his room number. You were surprised she told you his room number. Maybe she thought you were still with him since she's seen you come here when Antonio gets injured.

You quickly thanked her, rushing to the room Antonio was in.

Antonio looked up as he heard the door open. He slightly sat up. Looking at you. While you looked at him with worried eyes. You walked into the room. Rushing over to him. Maybe it was the thought of him dying or losing him but you forgot why you were ignoring him. you wrapped your arms around him. hugging him. Antonio slightly flinched. He wrapped his arms around you. closing his eyes. Savoring the moment.

"I thought I lost you," You gasped out. Hope sparked inside of Antonio.

"I signed the divorce papers, and filed them," Antonio spoke. Making you pull away.

"Can we give us another shot?" Antonio asked. With hopeful eyes. He grabbed one of your hands. intertwining his fingers with yours. Your pulse fastened as your breath hitched. Looking at his and your fingers intertwined. You looked back at him. nodding your head yes. Antonio smiled at you....

A/N: FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!