Happier | Jay Halstead

Pairings: Jay Halstead x Reader, Hailey Upton x Jay Halstead

Featuring: Y/n, Jay Halstead, Hailey Upton, Kim Burgess

Summary: You hope Jay is happy with Hailey just not happier like he was with you.

Warnings: angst, heartache, heartbroken, errors I missed.

w/c: 430

A/N: requests are open!

Jay and you broke about a month ago. Even though the breakup happened a month ago you were still healing from it or at least trying to move on.

So when Kim, who happened to be your friend as well as Jays told you Jay moved on with Hailey. You felt your heart plummet into the pit of your stomach. Trying to hold back tears. Kim comforted you, till you felt better, distracting you from the heartache. That he found another girl that brings out the better him

You knew Jay knew you knew due to you being friends with Kim, Adam, and Kevin. He knew that he was dating again, and that person happened to be his partner Hailey.

You thought you could forget about the past you shared with Jay. But it was fruitless.

Hailey was sweet, as well as pretty, oh so pretty, did that mean he forgot about you.

You hoped he was happy; just not like how he was with you. you knew it was selfish of you to think that, but you can't let him go, he found someone great but didn't find anyone better than you.

Your mind was plagued with thoughts of whether he tells her "You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen,"? Eternal love bullshit he will never mean. Like he told he told you and you believed him. did he even mean it when he said it to you first or was it all untrue.

You started picking Hailey apart. Putting her down like it will make Jay miss your wretched heart. Maybe it was to make yourself feel better, make you feel better about your insecurities. She was beautiful, she looked kind, she probably gave him butterflies, which made your insecurities suffocate you more. Did he leave you because he didn't think you were beautiful anymore?

You hope we was happy with her, but not like how he was with you. You hoped he found someone great but no one better, you knew. You wished him the best, that he told her he loves her, just not as he loved you. you hoped he thought of while he held Hailey's hand, you hope he was happy with her, just not happier like he was with you. It was selfish to think that way but you just couldn't let him go no matter how hard you tried. Trying to repress the memories was hard. You still fucking love him, and maybe in a sick twisted way you believed he thought of you too least you hoped he did...

PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING FEEDBACK, IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME!