Traitor | Connor Rhodes

Pairings: Connor Rhodes x Paramedic!Reader [Past tense], Connor Rhodes x Ava Bekker or Connor Rhodes x Robin Charles

Featuring: Y/n, Connor Rhodes, Robin Charles, Ava Bekker

Summary: Even though Connor didn't cheat on you he is still a traitor.

Warnings: angst, more angst, heartbroken reader, betrayal, prob sucks, errors I missed.

w/c: 1127

A/N: I was going to reverb this but I decided to leave it!

Brown guilty eyes and little white lies

Yeah, I played dumb but I always knew

That you talked to her, maybe did even worse

I kept quiet so I could keep you

Maybe it was your insecurities talking or the fact that you played dumb when Connor talked to her, you kept quiet acting dumb. Biting your tongue. But you knew better, something was going on between them.

And ain't it funny

How you ran to her

The second that we called it quits?

The second Connor and you called it quits he ran to her. It was a stab to your heart, it felt like he plunged a knife in your heart and twisted it. You let out a bitter laugh as tears fell from your eyes.

And ain't it funny

How you said you were friends?

Now it sure as hell don't look like it

He told you he was friends with her and nothing more, countless times when you brought it up. But it sure as hell doesn't look like it. He lied to you.

You betrayed me

And I know that you'll never feel sorry

For the way I hurt, yeah

He betrayed you, he told you they were friends and nothing more, but we got with her the second him and you called it quits. Not seeming to feel sorry or guilty about the way he hurt you at all.

You talked to her

When we were together

Loved you at your worst

But that didn't matter

Memories of him and her talking when Connor and you were together flashed through your mind, the way his eyes would light up. His face lightening up. Talking to her for hours.

You loved him at his worst, not her. You were there for him at his lowest points, but you guess it didn't matter, your love never mattered. Maybe you were a placeholder. Maybe he never cared at all.

It took you two weeks

To go off and date her

Guess you didn't cheat

But you're still a traitor

It took him two weeks to move on, and date her, and it stung. Maybe he didn't cheat on you but he is still a traitor for moving on so quick, for lying to you. Telling you that they were 'just friends', but you knew now that was all a lie.