Chicago P.D. GIF Imagines [1]

Avoiding Jay at work after having a one-night stand with him.

Jay inhaled a deep breath. Before he entered, ever since he slept with you last night you have been ignoring him. Then exhaled as he grabbed the door handle.

Every time he tried to talk to you, you claimed you had to do something or told him not now. Jay felt his heartbreaking every time you ignored him or avoided talking to him. He wanted to find out why you were giving him the silent treatment. He thought last night was the start of his relationship with you, that you felt the way he did, but something changed in you after that hook-up, maybe you just didn't feel the same way, he couldn't blame it on the alcohol, you weren't that drunk.

Jay turned the knob, opening the doorknob. He opened the door. Feeling slightly relieved he had you cornered.

"Please can we talk?" Jay begged as he shut the door. You looked away from the mirror. Heart rate speeding up. Thinking he was going to tell you last night was a mistake. Jay took slow steps towards you. Making you even more anxious.

You gave him a small smile. Jay took that as a sign to talk again.

"Last night.." Jay began, making your heart drop to your stomach. You might as well beat him to the punch to save more heartache from hearing it from him.

"Was a one-time thing and won't happen again," You interrupted him, saving the pain you would feel if he spoke the words. Jay looked at you with a hurt expression.

You turned your attention back to the mirror, watching Voight and Hailey question a suspect.

"It isn't to me," Jay spoke. Walking closer to you. He grabbed your arm. Making you look at him with a shocked expression. Lips slightly apart. Breath hitching.

"Last night meant something to me. I have feelings for you, y/n," Jay confessed. Eyes looking intently into yours. While you looked in shock. Head spinning at his confession. You thought he thought it was a one-time thing, but you were so wrong.

"Jay..." You gasped out. As tears welled in your eyes. His confession was all too much. You harboured feelings for him but were afraid to tell him.

"I can't keep my feelings for you a secret anymore, I can't keep torturing myself if you love me back or not, if I should tell you how I truly feel, I love you so much, y/n, I can't keep denying my feelings for you," Jay spoke softly. Making your bottom lip tremble.

Jay's thumb wiped away the tears that fell from your eyes.

You felt so overwhelmed. A mixture of emotions, relief, happiness, but most of all worry.

But you were afraid that if you confessed your feelings for him, your friendship with him would be ruined if he and you didn't work out, so, instead of confessing your feelings, you lied to him.

You gave him a sad smile. Making Jay's heart hurt. He felt a sinking feeling form in the pit of his stomach.

"Last night was a mistake, Jay, I only see you as a friend," You spoke. Making Jay's grip on your arm loosen. You gave him a sad smile. Quickly pulling your arm out of his grip. Walking past him, and out of the room. Leaving Jay in the room all alone. His heartbreaking into two. Tears falling from his eyes.

You quickly exited the room. Pressing your back against the wall. Trying not to cry but failing...

GOT A REQUEST? JUST COMMENT DOWN BELOW!