Connor Rhodes Imagine

Anon: Could you do a fic where Connor comforts the reader, a suregon, after she finds out that when Jay was undercover he had a girlfriend and got her pregnant. I believe the girl was Camila.

Pairings: Connor Rhodes x Fem!Reader, Jay Halstead x Fem!Reader [ex]

Featuring: Y/n, Connor Rhodes, Jay Halstead [mentioned], Camila [mentioned]

Summary: Jay and Y/n's relationship hits a rock bottom and Connor is there to comfort her.

Warnings: mentions of cheating, cheating, crying, heartbreak, breakups, mentions of pregnancy, longing glances, angst, comfort, errors I missed.

w/c:

A/N: REQUESTS ARE OPEN!

Connor high fived you as the both of you exited the double doors out of the theatre. Both of you feeling exhausted from long gruelling hours and surgeries.

"All I want to do is sleep," You whined, as you took your scrub cap off. Connor walked beside you. both of you walking towards the elevator, the doors opened as nurses walked out of the elevator. Connor and you enter the elevator. You leaned against the wall. Head lolling back. Closing your eyes shut. As Connor pressed the button to the ER. As much as you loved being a doctor it was exhausting at the end of the day.

Connor let out a light chuckle. Looking at you. heart fluttering. You were so beautiful, but you weren't his. Sworn to another man.

"You did an amazing job today," Connor praised you. Making you smile.

"You always say that every day," You spoke. Emphasizing the everyday.

"Because you the best surgeon in Chicago," Connor spoke again. Making you open your eyes.

"I think you are just trying to stroke my ego," You joked. As the elevator stopped. The doors open.

"Well it's all true," Connor spoke. As you pushed yourself off the wall. Both of you walking out the

"The stroking ego part?" You teased. Winking at him. Connor lightly shoulder bumped into you. Making you giggle.

"No, how you are the best surgeon in Chicago," Connor answered you. Playfully rolling his eyes.

"Nah, I think you are," You responded. Making Connor chuckle. Which made you chuckle. Both of you looking at each other. Your attention was drawn away from Connor as you heard the sound of Jay's broken voice calling your name. You looked away from Connor looking at a distraught Jay. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Jay..." You sighed. Voice filled with worry. He had tears in his eyes. he avoided your gaze. You quickly rushed towards him. grabbing his hands, and just like that Connor's heart broke.

"Can I talk to you somewhere private?" He gasped out. You nodded your head. Pulling him into an unoccupied room.

Connor watched through the window. Walking closer till he could hear.

"What's wrong baby?" You cooed. Your hand touching his forearm. Stroking it in a comfortable gesture.

Jay looked distraught.

"You know how I'm undercover and Camila thinks I'm her boyfriend, well, I had sex with her and got her pregnant," Jay spoke. It felt like the walls were closing in on you.

You removed your hand from his forearm. Feeling your heart drop to the pit of your stomach. Shuttering into a million pieces.

Jay was saying something but you didn't hear it. Your ears were ringing. Tears were in your eyes. Breathing heavily. You stepped back from him. avoiding his gaze. You felt betrayed and used.

Connor felt his heart drop at your heartbroken expression. He heard every single word, even Jay's pleas to forgive him and how he loves you, how he only had sex with her to make her think they were together, he had to make it believable, you didn't hear it because you were in a daze. He quickly came into the room. Glaring at Jay, and pushing him back before he could even touch you. he had no right to touch you. He was unfaithful. He didn't deserve to touch you. He didn't deserve your love.

"What the hell man," Jay shouted. Glaring at Connor.

"You need to leave," Connor shouted. Making Jay narrow his eyes.

"No, I need to talk to y/n, I need to sort this out," Jay spoke. As you sobbed. Connor stood in front of you shielding you from Jay.

"Y/n," Jay pleaded. But you hid behind Connor. Gripping onto his back.

"You should leave," Connor growled. Jay looked conflicted. He let out a defeated sigh before leaving. That made you let out a loud sob.

Connor turned around. Wrapping his arms around you and pulling you closer to him. Which made you cry harder.

"He cheated on me while he was undercover and got her pregnant," You sobbed. As Connor pulled you closer to his chest. Your head was buried into his chest. Wetting his scrub shirt with your tears.

"He doesn't deserve you, he never has," Connor spoke in a soothing voice. Rubbing his hand up and down your back. You sobbed harder.

"Can I stay with you for a while? till I find a new apartment," You asked. Voice muffled. But Connor heard you.

"Of course," He spoke. He pressed a soft kiss on the top of your head, as you cried even more...

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!