A New Love | Erin Lindsay

Anon: A fic request: Jay cheats on Erin with hailey and then Erin runs to reader because they're best friends and they end up dating after a few months where they run into jay and hailey at a police conference event, and jay is jealous

Angst for the confrontation and a lot of fluff with the reader, the reader and Erin end up happy please!

Thanks in advance

Pairings: Erin Lindsay x Reader [Gender Neutral]

Featuring: Erin Lindsay, Y/n, Jay Halstead, Hailey Upton [mentioned]

Summary: Erin finds comfort in y/n's arms.

Warnings: angst, fluff, cheating, errors I missed

W/C: 865

I DON'T GIVE PERMISSION FOR ANY OF MY WORK TO BE REPOSTED/COPY AND PASTED ON ANY PLATFORM WITH OR WITHOUT PERMISSION

FEEDBACK IS EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!

Tears blurred Erin's eyes as she drove to your apartment complex. Driving through red lights. Nearly causing a few car accidents, she nearly got t-boned a couple of times, but that didn't matter.

Her mind was elsewhere. She needed comfort from her best friend after finding out Jay had cheated on her with Hailey.

She quickly parked her car in front of your apartment complex. Turned the car off. She put the car in park, then put the hand brake up. Taking the keys out of the ignition in a rush. Opening the car door in a hurry. She quickly got out. Closing the door. Locking the door as she rushed to the entrance of your apartment complex.

Putting the code into the security pad. When it unlocked she quickly opened the door. Letting herself in. she let go of the door as she rushed inside. The door slammed shut as she run to your apartment. Nearly falling in the process.

Once she reached the door to your apartment. She practically threw herself onto the door. Knocking hard. Bursting into tears. She didn't care if she was too loud.

She fell forward when the door opened. Making her fall into you.

She quickly wrapped her arms around you. Crying into your shoulder. Sobs racked her entire body.

You wrapped your arms around her. Heart hurting at the sight of your best friend crying.

"Erin, what happened?" You asked, voice full of worry.

"He cheated on me with Hailey," Erin sobbed out. It made your blood boil that he would cheat on her.

How could that asshole do that to her? You suppressed your anger and the urge to go over to his place and murder him.

You hugged Erin tightly.

"Do you want to talk about it? Only if you want to," You asked her.

She pulled away from you. Your heart dropped at the sight of her red eyes, and heartbroken expression.

"I came into his apartment, hearing the sound of his moaning, I thought he was masturbating but I found Hailey sucking him off, and I just screamed at him that it was over and walked out, and now I am here," She spoke through broken sobs.

"What an asshole, that's it, I am going to murder the both of them," You spoke. Making her smile.

"I don't want you to go to jail," She spoke. You gave her a half-smile.

"How about we eat the whole tub of ice cream and watch movies?" You suggested. You came up with a distraction. Erin smiled at you in appreciation. You gave her a reassuring squeeze with your hand on her arm, before leaving to go to the kitchen.

Once you were in the kitchen. You grabbed two spoons from the kitchen drawer. You opened the freezer door and took the ice cream container out. you shut the freezer door.

All the while Erin walked to your living room, sitting down on the couch. Still heartbroken, she cried silent tears.

You walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. Seeing Erin sitting on your couch with a sad look on her face. A pang of hurt pained your heart.

You quickly made your way over to her. You sat down next to her. She looked at you. Tears in her eyes. You quickly put the ice cream and spoons down on the coffee table. Wrapping your arms around her and bringing her close to your chest.

"He doesn't deserve you, he never has," You spoke....

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Erin smiled at you as she and you stepped into the venue where the police conference event was being held. Sitting down at the seats Erin and you were assigned to.

Erin's grip on your hand tightened, as she spotted Jay staring at her and you with a look of jealousy.

You smirked to yourself. His loss.

Erin looked away.

"I think he is regretting ever cheating on you," You commented. Taking a sip of the champagne.

You shot a glance at Jay. Erin looked at Jay again. Seeing him guzzle down a flute of champagne. She looked back at you.

She was still hurt by what he had done to her, but she found love again.

"I don't care about him anymore," She spoke. Making you arch an eyebrow at her. Putting the flute glass down.

"I care about you though, and only you; I am glad it took breaking up with Jay to finally realize you were the one I was meant to be with," Erin spoke. You beamed at her.

She cupped the side of your face. Looking at each other with so much love. Drowning out the crowd of people. Closing the distance between each other. Lips touching softly. Eyes fluttering closed.

Jay looked at Erin to see her kissing you. His heart aching. His grip on the flute glass tightened. He looked away, then looked back again to see Erin's lips still locked with yours. Tears building up in the corner of his eyes.

It was his own fault for cheating on her.

Now she was in another's arms and he only had himself to blame and wallow in his own misery......

I encourage you to leave feedback, it would mean a lot to me!