Consequences | Jay Halstead

um she finds out she's pregnant and he's with Erin - @ElleVoight

Featuring: Jay Halstead, y/n, Connor Rhodes, Hank Voight, Will Halstead, Maggie, April.

Fandom: Chicago P.D.

Summary: y/n gets some unexpected news that changes her life, and Jay's.

WARNINGS: angst, lots of tears, medical stuff I probably got wrong, the reader is a doctor in this, the mention of abortion, cheating (mentioned/implied), more cheating, kissing, this is an imagine so relax linstead fans.

Word Count:3k +

NOTE: y/n/n = your nickname

Your grip on the medical stapler gun tightened. As your head throbbed. Your hand trembling. Heart beating faster. You felt lightheaded.

"Doctor Voight, the stapler." Connor spoke. Holding his hand out. Waiting for you to put it in his hand. When you didn't hand it over, Connor raised his head up. Turning his head to the side to look at you. His eyebrows furrowing as he noticed your trembling form.

"Y/n." he spoke again. Making you snap your head towards him. Gulping rapidly. You stared at him.

"The stapler." Connor spoke again. You looked down at your trembling hand that was holding the stapler. You looked back up at Connor. Who was looking at you. Waiting patiently for you to hand him the stapler.

"Right...here, sorry." You spoke. Handing him the stapler. Connor took notice of your trembling hands, as he took the stapler from you. Your head felt like it was spinning.

"Are you okay, Dr Voight?" Connor asked.

Just as you were about to reply, you heard the stapler click. Making you flinch.

"I'm fine..." You mumbled. Black spots appearing in your vision. You felt woozy. Your hand went to grab something, but you collapsed. The last thing you heard was Connor calling your name before darkness surrounded you...

__________________________________________

The sound of a groan escaped your mouth, making Hank sit right up. His hand gripping your hand tighter.

Eyes fluttering opened. You let out a whine, as the bright lights blinded you. Making you shut them again.

"Oh sweetheart, you gave me such a scare." Your dad spoke. Making your eyes flutter open. You quickly turned your head in the direction of where his voice came from.

"Dad, really I'm fine, you don't have to be here. I'm sure you have some big case to do." You huffed out. Taking in his worried features. You tried to remove the blankets from your body. But of course, your father stopped you. Giving you a stern look.

"Nonsense, Your more Important than that, and you're not fine. You fainted. A healthy young woman your age doesn't just faint." He spoke sternly. Making you roll your eyes.

"I'm just exhausted, that's all." You grumbled. Crossing your arms over your chest. Frowning at him.

"How many hours have you worked? Have you been getting enough sleep?" Your father asked. Making you roll your eyes again. You pinched the bridge of your nose. Cursing underneath your breath.

"Seriously?" You whined.

"Yes, I am serious. I could have lost you today." Your father grunted out.

"Well, I survived." You muttered out. Picking at the hospital blanket. Slightly wincing as the IV cannula poked your vein.

"I wish you would take this seriously, y/n. You could have died." Your father shouted.