What If | Jay Halstead

❛❛ i wanted with jay halstead, yn being younger than him and not wanting to take over their relationship (jay). Until yn be held hostage and he despair, cute ending -❜❜

Pairings: Jay Halstead x ReaderFeaturing: Y/n, Jay Halstead, Elyse, Hailey Upton, Unnamed Male Oc, Nurses, Ethan Choi, Will Halstead.

Fandom: Chicago P.D.

Summary: Jay is left feeling distraught after y/n gets held, hostage.

WARNINGS: fluff, angst, kidnapping, being held hostage, worried!Jay, almost death, betrayal, medical stuff I got wrong.

Word Count:3k + {3,876}

NOTE: I apologise this took so long.

As soon as Jay entered the bedroom the both of you shared. He bit his lower lip. Eyes scanning over your figure.

"Don't tell me I forgot an important date?" Jay asked. Eyes widening slightly.

You let out a chuckle. Putting the last finishing touches of makeup onto your face.

"No, you're off the hook." You teased him. Putting your makeup on the dressing table.

"I'm going out with Elyse." You spoke again. Grabbing your high heels and putting them on. Jay's face fell.

"Oh..." Jay muttered out. His face dropping into a glum look. Before he replaced it with a forced smile.

"Well, have fun. Don't stay out too late." Jay spoke again. An unsettling feeling forming in the pit of his stomach.

You let out a chuckle. Fixing your dress as you stood up. Before turning to face him. Your hands cupping his jaw. Jay looked into your eyes.

"Yes, dad. I'll try not to stay out too late." You joked. Smiling happily at him. Jay smiled at you. But it still didn't defuse the unsettling feeling he felt in his gut. It wasn't that he didn't trust you. It was your friend Elyse. She was shady, and he didn't trust her. She was bad news.

Jay bit his inner cheek. Stopping himself from trying to get you to reconsider and stay at home. But he didn't want to control what you did. So, instead, he held back. Giving you a small smile, that didn't quite reach his eyes. But you were way too excited to notice.

You quickly pecked his lips. Then pulled away. Your hands pulling away from his jawline. Smiling at him brightly.

"I'll be home at eleven." You spoke. Grabbing your clutch from the end of the bed and walking away from him. Then out of the bedroom.

Jay had to stop himself from reaching out to you. A sad look formed on his face as you left the house. Anxiety started to creep in, as he over thought all the things that could happen to you while you hang out with Elyse.

Jay ran his fingers through his hair. Dishevelling it. As his mind swamped with thoughts of what could happen to you....

・。・゜☆・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜☆・。・。

Elyse wrapped her arms around you. Letting out a squeal of excitement. Though the sound of the music drowned it out.

"It is so good you came. I missed you." Elyse shouted. Hugging you tightly.

"I missed you too." You shouted. Hugging her back just as tight.

Elyse pulled back. A smile gracing her lips.

"Let's do shots." She yelled. Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed your hand, pulling you towards the bar counter. She then signalled for two shots. Once she got them, she gave you one. Then picked her shot up, downed it down. You did the same. Cringing as the liquor burned your throat.