"I'm tired of waiting for you day after day," w/ Antonio Dawson 1/2

REQUESTED on ao3 ; You've been together with Antonio for a year but he doesn't want to sign the divorce papers with this ex, even though they've been separated for years. So you break up with him. - I'm tired of waiting for you day after day

Prompt: I'm tired of waiting for you day after day

Pairings: Antonio Dawson x Reader

Featuring: Antonio Dawson, Y/n.

Summary: Y/n is fed up with Antonio not signing the divorce papers from his previous marriage.

Warnings: angst, breakup, errors I missed.

w/c: 348

A/N: This imagine will have another part to it! REQUESTS ARE OPEN! FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

You stared blankly at the yellow clasp envelope. It's been sitting the for over a year. Unsigned. Antonio made no effort in signing them either and it broke your heart. It made you feel self-conscious. Like you were a placeholder, a second choice, a rebound. No matter how many times you hinted or asked about it he dodged the question or told you sweet little nothings. You tried to fight the tears back. You looked away from the yellow clasp envelope.

"Morning babe," Antonio spoke in a cheerful voice. He kissed the top of your head. Walking over to the coffee machine.

"Coffee?" Antonio asked.

"Are you going to sign the divorce papers?" You asked. Gulping. As you fought back tears. You knew what he was going to say.

"Ah..." He spoke. Eyes widening slightly. He was stalling.

"Do you want milk or black?" He asked. Stalling some more. That or he was trying to change the conversation. But you were having none of it. You were sick of it.

"I'm tired of waiting for you day after day," You snapped. Jaw clenching. As you got up. Chair screeching.

"What are talking about?" Antonio asked. Looking at you with a shocked expression.

"Wondering if you are going to sign the divorce papers, if we even have a chance, if this relationship means anything to you," You growled out.

"It does mean something to me," He responded. Walking closer to you.

"Then sign it," You demanded.

"It's complicated," Antonio sighed. Giving you a pleading look. His words causing your heart to plummet to the pit of your stomach.

"Then let me make it less complicated for you, we are over, I can't do this anymore," You growled out. Glaring at him. You quickly turned around heading towards the door. Hand grabbing the door and twisting it open. Antonio called out your name. But you quickly exited slamming the door with a loud bang. Antonio felt like the whole world was closing in on him. Tears gathering in his eyes. As his heart plummeted to the ground. He lost you...